Jackson 8 String (4+4) Custom Shop on eBay

• Thread starter Xibuque
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

troyguitar

Reaction score
'Cause, you know, that's a make-or-break decision on a $4k guitar :lol:

On a $4k guitar I'd say every single detail is a make-or-break item... that is full custom pricing. The only reason to buy this instead of your own custom is if you don't want to wait that long (which is quite valid considering Jackson's CS build times if your name is not bulb :lol:).

awesomeaustin

hates neck pickups.
Contributor
Reaction score
This is the side of Jackson that i fucking love so much. We need more of this.

selatciametal.jpg

be patient...

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
selatciametal.jpg

be patient...

:lol:

But seriously I just messaged Steve at CMC Guitars about Jackson 8 strings, he said that there is a rumor Jackson might be making them, but it is a rumor, I said IF they do, they should definitely make USA and imports.

Also according to him they brought some new guys on board to help Jackson, mainly on of the guys who helped make Ibanez as big as it is now, so maybe we will see more from Jackson soon....a lot more.

awesomeaustin

hates neck pickups.
Contributor
Reaction score
Also according to him they brought some new guys on board to help Jackson, mainly on of the guys who helped make Ibanez as big as it is now, so maybe we will see more from Jackson soon....a lot more.

The guys at Jackson are on top of their shit. I'm very excited

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
The guys at Jackson are on top of their shit. I'm very excited

I expect them to get as big as ESP, Ibanez, and Schecter soon enough, they know they are not as big as they used to but they are growing again. Some of the dealers I talk to and watch get like three USA Selects in stock one day and the next day three are gone!

Seeing the fretwork, playability and overall quality on the recent USA Selects has been even better in recent years, I expect Jackson to be growing, but in a VERY good way :yesway:

Andrew11

Reaction score
Sweet axe, can't wait for the NGD day for some more pics. USA Jacksons are top notch and worth every cent. Have not once ever regretted what I paid for mine and since then have not found anything I liked better. We will see if this holds true when I get my ESP though. Got big expectations for that thing.

Animus

Reaction score
I don't get all the fuss on it... I can agree with both sides of what people are saying about the guitar yet it also made me wonder a few things.
First thought: that's pretty damn nice looking, yet extremely simple/plain guitar.
2nd Thought: Thank god it doesn't have that gigantic inline headstock.
3rd: IDK How much I'd like the neck profile form the description... though I have played necks like that on 6's that I loved..but this description makes it sound very unproportioned.
4: Thick neck on one side, so thin a truss rod won't go in the middle...so then a Offset truss rod?? This to me just screams neck twisting problems down the road... I even showed it to a tech friend who's also in a national touring band and he said the exact same thing w/o me even mentioning that thought.
5: $4000?!?! I'm more one to agree with everybody who said they could get something with more/better specs to their likings from other companies for less.. Yea people are bringing up apples to oranges saying agile/schecter... but I bet you could get a KxK for the same or less.... and if Bernie built a Jekyll to the exact specs of this guitar it'd only cost $3000 and come with the same quality G&G case..and even if you got a highly figured Maple Top it still wouldn't even be $3400. Sure you can argue it's available now, but that's because its sat around for practically a year... and if you ordered something from a custom shop be it KXK/Rico/Mayones or even ESP they'd all probably get done faster than it'd take Jackson to complete.

THe reason necks might twist is because of uneven tension. The offset truss rod compensates for the heavier tension on the top part of the neck. THat's the idea at least. Makes total sense. The ergonomics of the thing is just an added bonus.

awesomeaustin

hates neck pickups.
Contributor
Reaction score
4: Thick neck on one side, so thin a truss rod won't go in the middle...so then a Offset truss rod?? This to me just screams neck twisting problems down the road... I even showed it to a tech friend who's also in a national touring band and he said the exact same thing w/o me even mentioning that thought.

I just saw this
IMG_3295_%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%8B%D0%B9%20%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B7%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%80.JPG

Apparently Vik is also doing this offset truss rod thing. :metal:

guy in latvia

Reaction score
So hot!

Im glad to see jackson stepping up their game, their 6 strings are some of the best in existance! Im waiting on them returning with a vengance!

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I just saw this
IMG_3295_%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%8B%D0%B9%20%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B7%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%80.JPG

Apparently Vik is also doing this offset truss rod thing. :metal:

Does this mean that Vik is also doing the asymmetrical neck? From what I understand, thats the only point of doing the offset trussrod. I do want to get a Vik someday. Just got notification that the Jackson has shipped! :metal:

awesomeaustin

hates neck pickups.
Contributor
Reaction score
Does this mean that Vik is also doing the asymmetrical neck? From what I understand, thats the only point of doing the offset trussrod. I do want to get a Vik someday. Just got notification that the Jackson has shipped! :metal:

Not sure about the asymmetrical necks on the Vik's, but congrats on getting this 8 string. It's a beautiful beast

Exploder

Reaction score
Are those black frets or is that just an illusion? Either way they look like pure sex.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
THe reason necks might twist is because of uneven tension. The offset truss rod compensates for the heavier tension on the top part of the neck. THat's the idea at least. Makes total sense. The ergonomics of the thing is just an added bonus.

The funny part is that it's typically the high E and G strings that have the highest tension of a normal string set. The low E, B, F#, whatever strings you add below that have usually significantly less tension than other strings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')