Jackson 8 String (4+4) Custom Shop on eBay

• Thread starter Xibuque
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Animus

Reaction score
The funny part is that it's typically the high E and G strings that have the highest tension of a normal string set. The low E, B, F#, whatever strings you add below that have usually significantly less tension than other strings.

Depends I guess. Take a 10-46 gauge set on a 25.5 scale length 6 string. Strings 1 thru 3 have 48.2 lbs of pressure. Strings 4 to 6 have 55.4 lbs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
I like it. Also to the whiners it's not like its the last 8 Jackson will make ever, try to get over it. Imagine shit like Absinthe green and Erie Dess.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Does this mean that Vik is also doing the asymmetrical neck? From what I understand, thats the only point of doing the offset trussrod. I do want to get a Vik someday. Just got notification that the Jackson has shipped! :metal:

it might also just be because the highest tension is on that side of the neck.

Khoi

Reaction score
looks incredibly overpriced for a pretty standardly specced guitar IMO.

but no doubt that it plays great

Greatoliver

Looking to windward
Reaction score
looks incredibly overpriced for a pretty standardly specced guitar IMO.

but no doubt that it plays great

The specs don't really contribute to the price that much, generally - in this case, it is the quality where the price comes from. It will be made with excellent woods, with fretwork that doesn't have flaws and all the jazz. It may look boring, but as you said, I bet it will play amazingly.

Or it's just overpriced :ugh: :lol:

Khoi

Reaction score
The specs don't really contribute to the price that much, generally - in this case, it is the quality where the price comes from. It will be made with excellent woods, with fretwork that doesn't have flaws and all the jazz. It may look boring, but as you said, I bet it will play amazingly.

Or it's just overpriced :ugh: :lol:

yeah I get what you're saying, I guess I'm just thinking for an 8 string that expensive, I'd expect something a bit crazier like some different/fancier woods at the least, but of course, different/more exotic woods doesn't necessarily mean a better guitar

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
So who on here bought it??? :)

(Congrats Leonardo... Expecting YouTube vid asap!)

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh and thanks Leonado7... Wifey bought me a new RG2228 for a steal as an early X-mas gift and I was all excited for my NGD 11/17, but now I'm already having buyer's remorse and kinda bummed out... bastard. :)

Reaction score
Oh and thanks Leonado7... Wifey bought me a new RG2228 for a steal as an early X-mas gift and I was all excited for my NGD 11/17, but now I'm already having buyer's remorse and kinda bummed out... bastard. :)

Your NGD tommorow will be awesome and you won't be having buyers remorse. Especially once you feel how slick and flat the back of the neck is and how smooth the fretboard action is. Then once you break in the strings and get the nut locked down you'll see that the tuning stability is rock solid.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
^ I'm an 8-string virgin so I'm hoping it's everything I've read about and more. It took awhile to pull the trigger, because of a lot of stuff I read about the pros of a fanned fret 8... but, I love my JEMs so I'm hoping I get the same warm feeling in my pants over the RG2228 and I'm going with the Ernie Ball 10-74s so we'll see! I have 45 days to change my mind lol... or maybe I could swap it for a custom Jackson 8 :)

aturaya

Reaction score
Why do ebony fingerboards make all guitars look so much sexier???

WHY AREN'T THERE MORE EBONY FINGERBOARD GUITARS??!

PyramidSmasher

Chess Dragon
Reaction score
my lord, 8 strings always look so unwieldy to me, but Jackson should be making this thing mass produced, it's killer looking. I've always preferred this headstock for jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')