Jackson American Series

• Thread starter DaddleCecapitation
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DaddleCecapitation

Manatees Last Breath
Reaction score
Spotted this listing ona website for a local guitar store. Can't find any info on it on Jackson website or on any press releases.

Maybe they're busy trying to get the Sharktooth inlays to face the right direction I dunno.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jco5055

Reaction score
Hmm well if you look at the post I have recently in the Jackson thread maybe this is what Chondro meant?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like a cheaper, fixed spec USA line.

It's good to see production stuff that's not just a "non-spec" Select, but I know a lot folks are going to have a problem with the case and Korean trem. I don't, I think the idea is cool.

It'll be interesting to see where these sit relative to the Japanese and existing Select lines. I'm guessing they'll MAP around $3k in the US. So dead in the middle.

If they pull this off, give a good range of colors with legacy Jackson specs, and quality they'll have some winners.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like a cheaper, fixed spec USA line.

It's good to see production stuff that's not just a "non-spec" Select, but I know a lot folks are going to have a problem with the case and Korean trem. I don't, I think the idea is cool.

It'll be interesting to see where these sit relative to the Japanese and existing Select lines. I'm guessing they'll MAP around $3k in the US. So dead in the middle.

If they pull this off, give a good range of colors with legacy Jackson specs, and quality they'll have some winners.

Dunno if you missed the price. They're 4700$

So... If this is a dumbed down USA Jackson at 4700 fucking dollars with korean trem, and a crappy case, yeah, I'm sure people will complain :lol:

Last edited:

jahosy

Reaction score
Dunno if you missed the price. They're 4700$

So... If this is a dumbed down USA Jackson at 4700 fucking dollars with korean trem, and a crappy case, yeah, I'm sure people will complain :lol:
It's $4700 AUD; ard $3300 USD retail.

For comparison; the MJ Dinky in Aus retails at $4500 AUD; MJ SL2 at $4800 AUD; MIK Concept $4000 AUD.

Sounds reasonable then for the new MIA Jackson.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Dunno if you missed that listing is in fucking Australia. :lol:

Yep. Since the only giveaway is a tiny ".au" in a giant url. :shrug:

Street price in Europe seems to be 3k. Price is not shown on the listing but it does on Google's search results:

I suppose the price is not that bad if you want a USA Jackson that looks like a JS-22 :lol:

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd be interested in a Soloist without pickup rings. That's why the MJ series caught my eye. If this range is going to be USA Select quality but with low end specs I'll be all over them! Just hope they offer Taxicab Yellow or Ferrari Red, rather than the standard black, white, etc (only because I've already got a white guitar and my last three or four Jacksons were black :D)
A hipshot style hardtail would stop the low-end bridge issues, single hum would be ideal!

Last edited:

olejason

Reaction score
I've been pretty happy with the Floyd 1500. I don't notice a big difference going between a Schecter with the 1500 and an ESP with the real deal, as far as bridge function goes.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been pretty happy with the Floyd 1500. I don't notice a big difference going between a Schecter with the 1500 and an ESP with the real deal, as far as bridge function goes.

The problem is not the bridge itself, the problem is that if you're charging 3 grand for a guitar, people expect it to have the real deal. Otherwise it just screams "cheapstakes".

I've had both bridges and TBH the main difference is the microtuners, which are way nicer on the OFR. The bar holder is also better, but I always change those for push-in bars anyway.

olejason

Reaction score
The problem is not the bridge itself, the problem is that if you're charging 3 grand for a guitar people expect it to have the real deal. Otherwise it just screams "cheapstakes".

$3k is the new $2k for American made guitars. I'm not at all surprised to see a 1500 on these. Should be interesting to see if that's actually a deal breaker for buyers who aren't on SSO, I suspect it won't be. What a time to be alive.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
$3k is the new $2k for American made guitars. I'm not at all surprised to see a 1500 on these. Should be interesting to see if that's actually a deal breaker for buyers who aren't on SSO, I suspect it won't be. What a time to be alive.

No, it won't. That's the kind of thing that bothers Jackson purists on FB groups. If the 1500 trems are good enough for Petrucci or Loomis, they're good enough for everyone.

With that being said, if the quality is the same as other USA Jacksons with a crappier case and crappier trem at 2k less, I'll take it!

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
With that being said, if the quality is the same as other USA Jacksons with a crappier case and crappier trem at 2k less, I'll take it!

That was my mentality too! Bring them on! Imagine when slightly dinged used ones are 1500...

mastapimp

Reaction score
Capitol guitars has this on pre-order for $2,599 USD for the blue one pictured. Also available in gloss black and platinum pearl at the same price.

Last edited:

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
I am curious where these are actually made. It says American Series but not made in America.

A serial number that starts with J is usually custom shop but not with that many digits. Maybe an extension of the Japan line?

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Made in Corona

5.JPG
preview.jpg

Last edited:
')