Jackson American Series

• Thread starter DaddleCecapitation
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

marke

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sucks, but probably not an exception. Production guitars are garbage these days.. lots of people still get good ones, but the pressure in supply chain for all industries is so big, that the quality cannot be ensured. Sure, most of the guitars in this price bracket might be ok, but they should ALL be ok. I've seen bad prestiges (had same issue with tremposts, got a replacement FOC), e-iis (sloppy finishing, worse than LTD, but nothing was done), Gibson (horrible binding)..

Just my take on it, not a fact by all means. Just kinda fed up with the current horsedoo. Maybe they've always been like this and I've just been lucky previously.. idk.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
I want back the 5 minutes of my life he took to get to the damn point.

Also the attitude is insufferable. Some mis-drilled stud holes and he's all "I went to bat for Jackson how dare they do this to me" "I don't wanna exchange I wanna be MAD"

Dr. Caligari

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I mean I can identify with the feeling that guy expresses. I also really want to like Jackson but it's frustrating when they make that so difficult. Can't say I'm surprised to see this kind of issue.

NCASO96

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yes. to all your questions.

The internet isn't a real place pal, don't take yourself so seriously.

But yes, I did order one and will be in soon hopefully and we have sold all 4 since they came in, I have more on the way.

Like I said before bud, You do you!

I don't discount that, not at all. I'm definitely one of those people as well.
But I've seen a lot of criticism about these guitars and my only real qualifier is, what is the percentage of those people complaining have had the guitar in their hands?
I finally "put my money where my mouth is" and bought one of these guitars.... I'm very impressed and I owe you an apology for contesting so strongly.

I will say the guitar needs a few tweaks for my liking (noisy neck SC) but... the build quality is fantastic. The neck through construction is superior. The fit and finish is very impressive.

Sure I wish it were a bit cheaper... but its a fantastic playing and sounding guitar at this price point.

Best,

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
I finally "put my money where my mouth is" and bought one of these guitars.... I'm very impressed and I owe you an apology for contesting so strongly.

I will say the guitar needs a few tweaks for my liking (noisy neck SC) but... the build quality is fantastic. The neck through construction is superior. The fit and finish is very impressive.

Sure I wish it were a bit cheaper... but its a fantastic playing and sounding guitar at this price point.

Best,
No worries dude! Glad you got one and enjoy it. I still think they are awesome!

What colour did you get?

jonsick

Reaction score
Sucks, but probably not an exception. Production guitars are garbage these days.. lots of people still get good ones, but the pressure in supply chain for all industries is so big, that the quality cannot be ensured. Sure, most of the guitars in this price bracket might be ok, but they should ALL be ok. I've seen bad prestiges (had same issue with tremposts, got a replacement FOC), e-iis (sloppy finishing, worse than LTD, but nothing was done), Gibson (horrible binding)..

Just my take on it, not a fact by all means. Just kinda fed up with the current horsedoo. Maybe they've always been like this and I've just been lucky previously.. idk.
Man I get slammed on here for saying the same thing. It is true though.

Just whatever you do, do not defame the name of the Hardly Ben Tonnes. That gets you a real ass kicking! All hail the Glenn Fricker brand of the day!

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
This is just probably a 1 in 100 qc thing. Hopefully not widespread.

"I am heartbroken, disappointed and extremely upset". Get a grip.

YouTube is full of (poor) guitar players who spend more time "reviewing" gear than actually playing. This guy's no exception.

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This is just probably a 1 in 100 qc thing. Hopefully not widespread.

I’m glad he is reasonable enough with his expectations that he doesn’t demand a lowly import guitar have the trem posts installed straight. It’s certainly beyond the novice builders at a place like FujiGen to get that right when they are slapping together a $3,000 J Custom.

')