Jackson B8mg Deluxe - current opinions?

• Thread starter WorstBandName
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I hope I'm posting in the right spot on here. I'm new to 8 string guitars and have been looking around for a used instrument.

I came across a Jackson B8MG Deluxe used at what seems to be a reasonable price, below half of MSRP I think. I've been out of electric guitars for a few years now, mostly playing fingerstyle acosutic. My wife and I are buying a house soon and I will again have some space to have my amp and effects set up so it's time to get something new (to me).

I had a few questions though for the folks here.

I have not seen many recent thread on the Jackon B8. The older threads seemed pretty positive and I've had good experience with Jacksons and Charvels I own in the past. Is this model generally well recieved or are there any known issues? I've heard that 8 strings are a different animals and some builders are still really trying to figure them out. Not sure how true that is.

I know I should see what I think when I play it and all, but I'm newer to 8 strings so I don't want to be naive to my lack of experience with the gear.

Is there a price range I should be looking at for on a B8 in good-great condition?

Is 27 in scale long enough to drop the 8th string to E instead of F#?

Are there other used 8 strings in the same quality range as the B8 that I should be looking at? Should I be looking into multiscale guitars in this price range, or is really just a preference. I'm play multiscale acoustics before but not electrics. I was not a fan of huge scale length differences.

Thanks for any and all input. Sorry if any of these questions are obvious. I would rather ask than not.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

')