Jackson/Charvel 2018 Line Up/NAMM Speculation Thread

Zado

Reaction score
26733412_10155490359061387_6149845241564088030_n.jpg

Very boner inducing

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xzacx

Reaction score
So terrible heel then?

I know they mentioned they were trying it some new stuff. Hopefully a modern heel on some models is one of those things.

Eh, based on the hashtags and offset dots, maybe there's a chance it's something actually new that will have a more modern heel.

manu80

Reaction score
affordable Govan kinda? I see great pre owned stuff right but afraid to pull the trigger before Namm !

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
There’s pretty much no way that all the Pro Mods don’t have the contoured neck heel, etc this year.

Desolate1

Reaction score
Huh, I hadn’t noticed it wasn’t beveled like literally every other warrior out there. Is Dave’s not beveled?
Dave's guitar has ash wings and the Pro Series has Mahogany wings with an ash veneer top. In order to have it look decent and not like some beveled Kiesel abomination they had to make it a flat top. I personally like the looks of the Pro more then Dave's guitar as I do not care for being able to see the neck going through the body.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
It makes sense. But i’m going to have to find a way to play one then to figure out if I gel with a flat top. Don’t like guitars cutting into my arm. Hopefully i’ll find it’s a non-issue.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Does 2 extra frets ruin them?

For the Teles, I definitely think it does. They don’t seem to make the cutaway deeper, they just move the nut away from the body to make space for the extra frets, and that leaves the bridge too far forward, which makes the whole thing look wrong IMHO.

For example, to my eye, neither the Jackson Tele 7 thingy or the current Charvel Style 2-7 look right.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Ah, well, that makes sense. I think I still prefer to have the extra frets, but neck pickups do sound way better an inch or so farther from the bridge.

cardinal

Reaction score
Ah, well, that makes sense. I think I still prefer to have the extra frets, but neck pickups do sound way better an inch or so farther from the bridge.

Yeah, despite my constant whining, I do get that some people’s style benefits from the extra frets. Personally I get by just fine with even 21 frets (though I do use all of those), but I get why some folks like to have them.

marcwormjim

Reaction score
The Govan San Dimas body is actually smaller than standard to accommodate the extra frets proportionally. If FMIC foregos that and only adds two frets to other Charvel models, it will be a facepalm.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
That or do like ESP does and just shoves the extra 2 frets on without any sort of tweak. Pretty much a 22 fret guitar with 2 inaccessable frets. :ugh:

cardinal

Reaction score
That or do like ESP does and just shoves the extra 2 frets on without any sort of tweak. Pretty much a 22 fret guitar with 2 inaccessable frets. :ugh:

That’s never bother me, I can still reach them, but then again I don’t use them much.

What helps make those extra frets usable IME isn’t more cutaways but scalloped frets. Then I can really feel that I’ve fretted it and can dig in for vibrato and bends.

')