Jackson/Charvel 2018 Line Up/NAMM Speculation Thread

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
The Govan San Dimas body is actually smaller than standard to accommodate the extra frets proportionally. If FMIC foregos that and only adds two frets to other Charvel models, it will be a facepalm.

They did a nice job getting the proportions right-looking on the Govan. Probably my favorite 24-fret shape. I was hoping the Angel sig would essentially be that with an extra string.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

timbucktu123

Reaction score
i just looked over the new product catalog and there is a ton of cool stuff at a ton of different price points!

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
i just looked over the new product catalog and there is a ton of cool stuff at a ton of different price points!
teugyq.jpg

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
That’d be great. Hopefully it’d be an actually Kelly 7 and not some weird hacked up Pablo-style Kelly that he might go for.

But I think he’s described himself as a free agent? So he might just be playing a new toy.

arasys

needs more RRs
Reaction score
Phil Collen and Olavi Mikkonen already have Jackson Explorers, I really hope they come up with a new model but that may cannibalize Kelly sales so I am not very hopeful..

xzacx

Reaction score
But I think he’s described himself as a free agent? So he might just be playing a new toy.

I read on a Jackson FB group that this is legit, and it was later backed up by big Jackson dealer, so I tend to believe it. Sounds like he's playing a couple different Kellys on tour right now.

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh I love that way more than his Schecter sig. I imagine he is just playing his personal favorite guitars for a bit while he is unaffiliated though. He’s gotta play something.

Mad-Max

Reaction score
Well, surprising that he's left Schecter for real now, but it makes sense he would go to Jackson. His old Shredder pal Chris Broderick has been with Jackson since 2011, Marty is back with them now, he's also friends with Dave Davidson, the list goes on.

Good for him. Jackson has always been a good company, wish their import models were a little bit more up to snuff but the USA stuff is still king.

Latest posts

')