Jackson/Charvel 2018 Line Up/NAMM Speculation Thread

Mad-Max

Reaction score
Have a citation on that one? The post-lawsuit Destroyer was designed in 1978 and came to the US market in 1980.

Jackson wasn't even founded until 1980 when Grover bought out Wayne. I know Charvel made a "Dinky Explorer" thing in the late 70's.

I'm honestly not up on pre-90's Jackson stuff.
I honestly could be wrong about this as well, but I could've sworn they made a "Destroyer" type body in the early 80's around the same time as Ibanez did. So that's why I was saying it could've either predated it or came out around the same time.

Maybe I shouldn't have been as sure as I was in the original post.

Regardless I don't think there was any blatant copying.

The Schecter Explorer body however, is DEFINITELY waaaaaaay newer than the other two, and that's really the point I was driving home the most.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xzacx

Reaction score
Little bit skeptical because of the buyer location but if it's legit that's a bargain for an awesome piece of metal history and a wicked to guitar to boot.

I’m pretty sure it’s legit. If it’s the person I’m thinking of, they’ve actually has a handful of Marty’s old Jacksons.

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
^^^ well its gone now, which one of you sonsofbitches got it?
or maybe he read the "bargain" comment and decided to adjust the price accordingly.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
It's been sold for a while now, just stumbled upon it ans shared because I didn't know that guitar was in the wild.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jeff played an RR1 on the DNB tour with Nevermore, and loved my CS 7 string. He's no stranger to Jackson.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude loved to play guitars back in the day. I imagine he missed having the freedom like he did in the old days.

I'd imagine that endorsement deals are a lot stricter now than they were back then as well given that companies need every sale they can get now more than ever.

Mad-Max

Reaction score
I'd imagine that endorsement deals are a lot stricter now than they were back then as well given that companies need every sale they can get now more than ever.
He could've honestly needed a change up. He's been with Schecter close to 15 years now. Sometimes it's good to shake things up and trying some different stuff. Sure he played Jackson back in the day, but Jackson is different now than they used to be, so he's probably checking things out.

This is all purely speculation though.

I don't think he would be making a bad decision getting an endorsement from them. Their USA & Custom Shop models are still second to none, and since Jackson is under the umbrella of Fender, he would have access to all the companies that Fender owns, including Fender themselves. Whereas Schecter is just Schecter, and they don't own multiple brands. So that's something to think about as well.

Reactions: Vyn

StrmRidr

Hide your Jacksons
Reaction score
Someone on the JCF forum grabbed this screenshot.

26908063_10155001654737077_2318021641835450850_n.jpg

Zado

Reaction score
That pink one might get me closer to Jackson for the very first time in many years.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
That screenshot makes me sad. But the Warrior 7 makes me happy again. Hope there’s some good news from the USA production too.

')