Jackson/Charvel 2018 Line Up/NAMM Speculation Thread

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
I kinda like it. Still less offensive that pretty much all of the Ibanez Iron Label line.
Agreed, but it’s disappointing to see Jackson go that direction. Higher standard.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed, but it’s disappointing to see Jackson go that direction. Higher standard.

They've been in the questionable-flame-top-finishes category for a while now:

2914227516_gtr_frt_001_rr.png

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
As much as I like the SLS headstock, it looks completely weird on a singlecut.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I strangely like the Monarch, even the headstock. If they made a USA 7-string that wasn’t a bazillion dollars with a three year wait I’d be interested.

xzacx

Reaction score
As much as I like the SLS headstock, it looks completely weird on a singlecut.

That’s actually the only time I don’t hate the AT headstock - makes sense to have a 3x3 on a single cut. I’m still bummed after all this time about the KV2Ts having it.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score

You guys are on drugs. That is HOT! Have you no memories of the '80s? :lol: But seriously, I totally dig that. The pink one - not so much. That pickguard looks too odd.

And I am super into the D.D. Warrior 7. But NFW I'm spending that much money. Hopefully they do a lower end line version.

xzacx

Reaction score
The pink one - not so much. That pickguard looks too odd.

I love the Jeff Beck Soloist, but I feel like most people who would want one would have also wanted a top-mount Floyd. They'd probably also want a USA version too though. I know I fall into that category, although if it's cheap enough I might get just to have.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
You guys are on drugs. That is HOT! Have you no memories of the '80s? :lol: But seriously, I totally dig that. The pink one - not so much. That pickguard looks too odd.
Let the record show that I was 100% on board with this:
Jackson-Pro-DK2M-Limited-Run-Black-and-White-Crackle-1.jpg

And would have been 100% on board with the "Northern Lights" finish IF it was done "period correct." By which I mean this airbrushed:
Untitled-design25.jpg

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
Let the record show that I was 100% on board with this:
Jackson-Pro-DK2M-Limited-Run-Black-and-White-Crackle-1.jpg

And would have been 100% on board with the "Northern Lights" finish IF it was done "period correct." By which I mean this airbrushed:
Untitled-design25.jpg
This gives me so many ideas. I wonder if someone has done a multi-foil black crackle finish before..
EDIT: kramer beat me to it
64260e255cd248d759dfd9e911072883.jpg

xzacx

Reaction score
After doing some searching I believe you are correct. It must be a Custom Shop or at the very least a USA model with that thick of quilted maple top.

Yeah, a dealer briefly posted and took it down. I think it's one of those limited runs like the Mick Thompson was last year. It has the terrible looking AT headstock.

')