Jackson/Charvel 2018 Line Up/NAMM Speculation Thread

xzacx

Reaction score
I believe all the new Jackson's are shown here! https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/guitars

Nothing too exciting for me personally. I like that the Mick Thompson is a USA production model now, and I far prefer the black finish. I'm not sure I could get over the mental barrier of buying a "Skipknot" guitar though...although I did get Misha's signature model, and I'd say I like like Periphery even less. For the money though, I'd probably rather just get my own Custom Shop made as a H-S config and block the Floyd on my own like usual.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StrmRidr

Hide your Jacksons
Reaction score
Nothing too exciting for me personally. I like that the Mick Thompson is a USA production model now, and I far prefer the black finish. I'm not sure I could get over the mental barrier of buying a "Skipknot" guitar though...although I did get Misha's signature model, and I'd say I like like Periphery even less. For the money though, I'd probably rather just get my own Custom Shop made as a H-S config and block the Floyd on my own like usual.

I am honestly not really impressed either. Other than the flamed top Pro HT6 I posted, nothing really grabs my eye.

Progvibe

Reaction score

I'd really like to try out the Pro series version at least. The black with white binding is far better than that maroon color from last year.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
The Misha and Mick Thomson Models all look great, as does the Oli Herbert model but that thing is extremely expensive.

Outside of that most everything is ok, but not too excited.

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Mick's look pretty sweet. No inlays!! The new bridge is interesting to me though..... It's not a "low-profile" which I expected given his Ibanez models with the Edge-FX and his Master Built Jackson with the fixed FR Pro. I really would love a white Pro model me thinks......

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Tough crowd. 7-string Warrior Pro and lots of folks aren’t impressed.

I wish there had been more, of course (USA 7-string SL or RR!!!), but the WR7 Pro is pretty wild.

And I like the gloss black Juggernaut HT7 Pro. Looks better than the veneer.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
That Warrior 7 Pro is awesome. And also why not reversed head on this one? Would be an awesome 90s Dinky Reverse Pro tribute.

2914105574_gtr_frt_001_rr.png

StrmRidr

Hide your Jacksons
Reaction score

I wish there had been more, of course (USA 7-string SL or RR!!!), but the WR7 Pro is pretty wild.

The WR7 is indeed nice, however a 6 string would appeal to a broader audience.

I have to say the Pro Mick Thomson model in black is pretty nice. I love guitars with the all black stealth look and the reverse headstock makes it that much better.

xzacx

Reaction score

My letdown comes from it being just another year no new USA stuff other than signatures. And even those are just variations or full production models of past stuff. It's like Custom Select is the only option anymore. And that's cool and all, but it would be nice if they also had some USA stuff you didn't have to wait between 6-24 months for. That said, there's plenty of used Custom Shops out there to be had for not much more than a Pro Series.

Athor

Reaction score
No one seems to be doing anything really new anymore. Same old stuff with floyds, emgs and duncans in a new finish..

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Seeing the specs on the DD Pro Series Warrior vs the RRP, that's got to be one of the most balanced price points I've seen in a while. Jackson has hit the nail on the head there.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score

I guess its just that the ones that are not pleased are those who replied the fastest. Personally I'm getting that DD WR7 as soon as it hits the canadian market, being a huge Revocation fan, without a seven stringers for 5 years and being on a star-shaped guitar roll lately, this one hits me right in the feeling

Anquished

hhnice!
Reaction score

The WR7 Pro is pretty cool, I'll definitely be trying one if I see it in the shop.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
ooh, that new scarlet burst misha import. Me likey

Edika

Reaction score
They do continue with the 7 string Soloists and Dinky's. Nothing new there but there's still the models there and haven't discontinued. I was hoping the 6 string Warrior that was posted previously would have been a pro model. The photos on their site make it look really cheap but the photos posted here made it loom really classy.

The pro Warrior 7 is still really attractive as well some of the V's and Rhoads but if I'm buying new in full price I'd like to play first before I buy. I'm guessing the Warrior pro is coming without a case. That's a bit difficult to swallow for something that seems to cost £1369 in the UK. Maybe I'm over expecting stuff for the price but stuff usually over €1000, £1000 always came with some type of case, even if it was a soft type case.

')