Jackson/Charvel 2018 Line Up/NAMM Speculation Thread

Zado

Reaction score
26869820_1888019661269550_4926610763080007680_n.jpg

F-word.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Pickup routes look odd, especially for a 6-string? Wonder if they’re P90s?

I have nothing pleasant to say about the relic job.

xzacx

Reaction score
Pickup routes look odd, especially for a 6-string? Wonder if they’re P90s?

I have nothing pleasant to say about the relic job.

I'd guess EMGs. But yeah, I'm not into the relic job either, or the fact it's an Explorer. I would rather see them put effort into a cool Kelly than something that could never be produced other than for NAMM. I know there are people that like them, but I have no interest in Jackson's Gibson-shaped NAMM stuff they do every year.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
god I can't stand relic guitars. It's one thing if the guitar earned the scars from being played a lot/abused by its previous owner, but to intentionally take a nice new guitar and beat it up is stupid imo.

xzacx

Reaction score
The Jeff Beck Soloist is definitely the most exciting new thing in the lineup but not as an X series. Like I said before though, I don’t think the average person who’d want one of these wants an overseas version with a recessed Floyd. Makes me wish I would have bought one of the Custom Shops that CMC did a little while back.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Is it too early to start hoping for a Brandon Ellis sig model now that he's announced his endorsement?
No, already asked within minutes on IG.
For those who haven't seen: snakeskin Kelly.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Whoever is doing those relic guitars needs to be shot. I can't help but think we've jumped the shark when a high end guitar company starts to charge MORE for a guitar fake beat-to-hell. It's one thing to make an iconic guitar like the Frankestrat. It's another thing to randomly relic an expensive guitar. I made fun of Nordstrom's $425 fake mud jeans, and I sure as hell am going to make fun of those atrocities.
(And yes, I have been reading a lot of @marcwormjim's salty posts, thank you for noticing!)

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
Whoever is doing those relic guitars needs to be shot. I can't help but think we've jumped the shark when a high end guitar company starts to charge MORE for a guitar fake beat-to-hell. It's one thing to make an iconic guitar like the Frankestrat. It's another thing to randomly relic an expensive guitar. I made fun of Nordstrom's $425 fake mud jeans, and I sure as hell am going to make fun of those atrocities.
(And yes, I have been reading a lot of @marcwormjim's salty posts, thank you for noticing!)
exactly. If I want a relic guitar I'll take a hammer and my belt sander to the guitar. FREE DINGS AND SCRAPED OFF PAINT

')