Jackson/Charvel 2018 Line Up/NAMM Speculation Thread

Zado

Reaction score
26373698_363501667457314_8582299441522802688_n.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score

I'm usually the one saying that jackson should get the fun modern stuff and fender should stick to the vintage stuff....but i really don't like the angled headstock.

if this thing had a regular fender type headstock i'd totally buy it.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score

Zado

Reaction score
Charvel Masterbuilds from the show:
https://www.themusiczoo.com/blogs/news/namm-2018-charvel-custom-shop-event-showpieces

And Jacksons:
https://www.themusiczoo.com/blogs/news/namm-2018-jackson-custom-shop-event-showpieces

The only 7-string looks to be that Jackson multiscale with a strangely offset body
Apparently I really cant stand Jackson models anymore. The HS soloists look just wrong, same for the F-Bird models, the Round Horns look like flying Vs that followed some really unhealty fitness program, and the monarks have some cheap LP vibe I dont dig at all.

On the other hand, Charvies arealways top.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Apparently I really cant stand Jackson models anymore. The HS soloists look just wrong, same for the F-Bird models, the Round Horns look like flying Vs that followed some really unhealty fitness program, and the monarks have some cheap LP vibe I dont dig at all.

On the other hand, Charvies arealways top.

All of those are a bit off. The HS Soloist has a lot of frets which threw the proportions off. Jackson used to make cool Gibson copies but of course now that everyone’s actually worried about getting sued for it, they can’t be exact copies, and Jackson did not execute these well IMHO. The Xplorer is ok. The rest look wrong.

And these guys need to walk down to the Fender paint shop and learn how to relic a bit better. I have not ever intentionally sought to buy a relic but I wouldn’t not buy one I liked. But those relic jobs are just a bit bizarre.

Last edited:

Womb raider

Drink from the goblet, the goblet of gore
Reaction score
Those masterbuilds from Jackson are really underwhelming. The quilts are pretty mediocre and the relics do not look good. Which is strange since Misha got such a nice reliced strat from them, I was expecting to see more stuff like that.

cardinal

Reaction score
Those masterbuilds from Jackson are really underwhelming. The quilts are pretty mediocre and the relics do not look good. Which is strange since Misha got such a nice reliced strat from them, I was expecting to see more stuff like that.

They may have had more time to do the job on Misha’s guitar. NAMM happens when it’s gotta happen, and maybe it caused them to rush through the relics to get them ready. Or they just aren’t very consistent.

Zado

Reaction score
All of those are a bit off. The HS Soloist has a lot of frets which threw the proportions off. Jackson used to make cool Gibson copies but of course now that everyone’s actually worried about getting sued for it, they can’t be exact copies, and Jackson did not execute these well IMHO. The Xplorer is ok. The rest look wrong.

And these guys need to walk down to the Fender paint shop and learn how to relic a bit better. I have not ever intentionally sought to buy a relic but I wouldn’t not buy one I liked. But those relic jobs are just a bit bizarre.
I understand the fear of gettin sued, but look at the new Suhr single cut, it really looks otherworldly and still has the LP vibe to it, look wise at least...The Monark looks just off.

And yeah, that's the relic an amateur would do :shrug:
The quilts are pretty mediocre and the relics do not look good.
They look more like regular production models really,far from being Masterbuild

cardinal

Reaction score
I obviously could be entirely wrong, but I certainly would not be surprised if Suhr gets a nasty letter from Gibson. Jackson amostly surely won’t.

Zado

Reaction score
I obviously could be entirely wrong, but I certainly would not be surprised if Suhr gets a nasty letter from Gibson. Jackson amostly surely won’t.
I hope they won't, I've started saving for one :(

theicon2125

Reaction score
I really dig the Mick Thomson Pro model. I've been thinking about selling my Alexi because I can't get along with the floyd and this checks a lot of boxes for me. I do wish they were selling it in the metallic dark red color.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

It's different for one-offs and short runs vs. full scale production.

That's what helps some of the boutique LP builders skirt by unscathed...usually.

cip 123

Reaction score
Really feeling that Mick Thomson pro series!

cardinal

Reaction score
Love this Fender:
328-2_large.JPG

It really really really needs to be displayed next to a Jackson Soloist with the Bikini Beach graphic to juxtapose the markets of Fender v. Jackson.

zarg

Reaction score
Not even sure he himself did the relic job

misha has a reliced jackson strat and he said jackson built it but then they reliced it at fender (since they do a lot of relicing and have the know-how)

Latest posts

')