Jackson/Charvel 2018 Line Up/NAMM Speculation Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
The site always listed MSRP, not MAP.

Ah right. Well if they end up being even cheaper than $1700US I think I'll definitely be flying over for a guitar retail therapy holiday :p

Desolate1

Reaction score
Ordered my DDWR7 today. Supposed to get it mid to late February. Does anyone know if this will fit in the Kelly/Warrior hard shell case that Jackson offers?

theicon2125

Reaction score
It looks sick, but is pricey. FR2000?
Also, has Sweetwater always been no returns for special order items?

As far as I can remember. I'm guessing it just says special order because they haven't been given any stock yet. A lot of the new Jacksons say Special Order

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Sometimes they say reserve yours now risk free etc. But for some reason they’re not doing that for the WR7.

Desolate1

Reaction score
It looks sick, but is pricey. FR2000?
Also, has Sweetwater always been no returns for special order items?

The FR2000 is a Pro Series Floyd. This a Floyd built to OFR specs in Korea. They are built with quality materials and are well built. I ordered mine through Sweetwater. There no return policy is simply that you can not return it just because you do not like it if the guitar has any defects or issues you can return it. I actually contacted them to verify this because I was concerned buying an Indo built guitar that I could not if I found problems with or had defects.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
The FR2000 is a Pro Series Floyd. This a Floyd built to OFR specs in Korea. They are built with quality materials and are well built. I ordered mine through Sweetwater. There no return policy is simply that you can not return it just because you do not like it if the guitar has any defects or issues you can return it. I actually contacted them to verify this because I was concerned buying an Indo built guitar that I could not if I found problems with or had defects.
I've had a few FR2000s and they're fine enough, but I guess the metric in my head is that if they're cutting some cost off there, then it should pay off in the form of a case at least.
And thanks for posting about the verification. Jackson does good, but they have their share of lemons. I've seen too many SL2 Pros not in acceptable condition for new to take that risk.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Pro series FR is fine. It needs some oiling and to work in the threading when brand new, but the saddles and baseplate/knife edges are solid.

Long term I'd probably replace the smaller hardware pieces, but that goes for a lot of trems.

mastapimp

Reaction score
Ordered my DDWR7 today. Supposed to get it mid to late February. Does anyone know if this will fit in the Kelly/Warrior hard shell case that Jackson offers?

I have the USA custom shop WR7 and it came in one of the Kelly/warrior hardshells that you mentioned. I'm guessing you should have no problem.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea why in Odin’s name Charvel decided to make their only 7 string a TELE? Holy niche market, Batman. I’d buy a pink San Dimas double cut manana if they made it in a 7, but NFW I’m buying a black tele.

(Yessss, as I stated earlier, I have been drinking. So leave me the fuck alone. But still answer my question.)

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea why in Odin’s name Charvel decided to make their only 7 string a TELE? Holy niche market, Batman. I’d buy a pink San Dimas double cut manana if they made it in a 7, but NFW I’m buying a black tele.

(Yessss, as I stated earlier, I have been drinking. So leave me the fuck alone. But still answer my question.)

I think that's the problem, they were drinking when they made that design choice.

Desolate1

Reaction score
I have the USA custom shop WR7 and it came in one of the Kelly/warrior hardshells that you mentioned. I'm guessing you should have no problem.
Thanks, I was just concerned since I have a King V and have their case for King V/Rhoads and there is no way a 7 inline headstock is fitting in that case.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score

I’m stunned they didn’t release at least a 24-fret So Cal 7 this year.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
It comes in natural too. :fawk:
But in all seriousness, Charvel just likes to give Schecter a solid year or so to show them how to modernize their own guitars before they really give it a go.

Surprised to hear that. I own 3 and played another at a store prior to buying mine and they are all solid.
I had a first run RRMG that played well, but had nonsensically put black dots on black ivoroid binding, couldn't see them for shit, putting stickers on was annoying, etc. But I tried out three first run SL2s and all had major fret sprouting, cracks in weird places... I was super bummed, I think the SL2 Pro is great, so I'm really stoked/hoping they cleaned it up. I haven't had many chances to try out the Indo stuff since, mostly just X series at GC when I'm there.
However, all the MiM stuff from the Pro line and Pro Mods? Epically great. I've had a DK2 and a couple Pro Mods. All great guitars. The DK7 I got to play a bit was really awesome as well.
I have no reason to believe they can't get the Indo guitars on the same level as the Mexican ones, I just personally haven't had the chance to see it. So very glad to hear that is the case.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
It comes in natural too. :fawk:
But in all seriousness, Charvel just likes to give Schecter a solid year or so to show them how to modernize their own guitars before they really give it a go.

I had a first run RRMG that played well, but had nonsensically put black dots on black ivoroid binding, couldn't see them for shit, putting stickers on was annoying, etc. But I tried out three first run SL2s and all had major fret sprouting, cracks in weird places... I was super bummed, I think the SL2 Pro is great, so I'm really stoked/hoping they cleaned it up. I haven't had many chances to try out the Indo stuff since, mostly just X series at GC when I'm there.
However, all the MiM stuff from the Pro line and Pro Mods? Epically great. I've had a DK2 and a couple Pro Mods. All great guitars. The DK7 I got to play a bit was really awesome as well.
I have no reason to believe they can't get the Indo guitars on the same level as the Mexican ones, I just personally haven't had the chance to see it. So very glad to hear that is the case.

Nice! I was a big fan of the Soloist (mahogany, neck thru) which is why I went with it over the dinky but I definitely want to check out the MiM builds to compare.

What year was the first run that you tried?

Latest posts

')