Jackson/Charvel/EVH 2024

• Thread starter JimF
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
(Feel free to delete if there's already a thread and I've missed it.)

What are we expecting in the coming year from Jackson / Charvel? (Included EVH to match it up with the 2023 thread)

Is the Andreas Kisser Soloist going to continue to be a thing seeing as he has no band?
Will Mike Stringer get a sig model? Those customs have been especially tasty.
Do we reckon there'll be any change to the pricing of the Josh Smith SL7 stateside? I believe these are a bit high compared to the EU price.
More ProPlus models expected? They seem to have been well received, but at those prices they should be!

Personally, I'm positively erect in anticipation of a Vogg (Decapitated/Machinehead) signature model Fury as per the below:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I'm really hoping for some new DK24 Pro models. I had one and absolutely loved it, but ultimately sold it in hopes of Charvel releasing one with specs closer to what I'm looking for.

Still till this day, the only guitar I walked into a Guitar Center for irrelevant reasons, and was so impressed, walked out with the guitar in hand.

jrn1308

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Probably going to see:

- Charvel Jim Root Hardtail

Hope to see:

- New color on the Satchel signature
- MJ Series King V
- MJ Series Kelly
- Pro/Pro Plus/MJ Warrior
- More from the Concept Series
- some kind of star shaped Charvel

I'm not owning a Jackson yet but I think this will change this year. Jackson is the company that has the most appealing guitars currently. At least for me.

jl-austin

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a new MIM Charvel DK24 (floyd).
I'm building my own Warmoth stuff lately. So, I'm not expecting to be excited by any company's offerings.
But, if they did offer a new color on the DK24, I wouldn't mind adding another one to the collection.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Probably going to see:

- Charvel Jim Root Hardtail
So I was about to ask about this being redundant since they already still make the Strat.
But then I realized they still used classic EMGs in the Strat, and they still make the OG Jazzmaster and the V4, one being USA and one being mexico model.
So I guess it would make sense; have the Strat be the old-spec one made in USA while the hardtail Charvel be the Mexican up-to-date one.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Also the Andreas Kisser model always seemed like a limited edition model to me anyway. But if not, I think Andreas has enough name recognition to keep the guitar around.

Also yea we'll probably see the debut of the Lee Malia Surfcaster too. I wonder if they have anymore Surf/Skatecasters planned as well.

Also yeah I'd like to see a return of a standard production Star of some kind. Pointy or Strat headstock as well. I don't care who does it, just do it lol.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think we'll see the release of the EVH semi hollow Wolfgang has been playing for the past year or so on tour. And if they decide to bring back a hardtail Wolfgang model I may jump on one. Especially if it has a roasted neck.
Charvel wise if they'd just finally release a hardtail DK24 with the caramelized neck. It'd be just about the perfect guitar.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
I'm just waiting for a cool Pro Series RR24 Q with a nice finish

Will Jackson enter the headless market?

Anyway...are the EVH Wolfgang priced around 1 grand any good? I'm really thinking of picking one second hand or new later down the road

jrn1308

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So I was about to ask about this being redundant since they already still make the Strat.
But then I realized they still used classic EMGs in the Strat, and they still make the OG Jazzmaster and the V4, one being USA and one being mexico model.
So I guess it would make sense; have the Strat be the old-spec one made in USA while the hardtail Charvel be the Mexican up-to-date one.

I could bet they release it this year since Jim already played it on his Instagram:

1000007091.jpg

1000007092.jpg