Jackson/Charvel/EVH 2024

• Thread starter JimF
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure your experience, but I have two Broderick Pro 7 strings too.
The first I bought around 2016 or so? It had a floyd rose special and lasted me a good 2 years before it needed replacing.
On a whim I bought another one of the same model and colour just as they were going out, so that was about 2022. The Floyd Rose Special was junk from the get go and the overall quality of the newer guitar was significantly less than its older brother.

Guitars are getting worse IMO, not better.
The Great Shipping Underpricing is over. I think that's behind Jackson's move to blend the line with the USAs, Japanese, Korean and Mexican lines within a couple of hundred dollars of each other.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jonsick

Reaction score
The Great Shipping Underpricing is over. I think that's behind Jackson's move to blend the line with the USAs, Japanese, Korean and Mexican lines within a couple of hundred dollars of each other.
The attempts to blur the line between the craftsmanship of different countries is very readily apparent.

It's just too bad it's not working...

And really, I have seen some £1500 guitars that were really barely worth half that. IMO if you buy a £1500 guitar and it can't stay in tune, you're being ripped off. Bigtime.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
I mean at £1500, you expect to possibly compromise on country of origin, but you really shouldn't be compromising on the QC of the instrument.

BlueTrident

Reaction score
I can't see why they aren't doing a charvel star, especially with the resurgence of X shapes it feels like a missed opportunity. Even the younger crowd could get into them, give it a nice finish, roasted maple neck/board, gotoh 510 and no pickup rings, boom.
They should do that with all Charvel models, base it off the DK24 specs. The Tele, Random Star, Surfcaster, etc

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Charvel posted their new models. Not too much, but I'm very happy with this new DK24 with an ebony board and roasted neck. That's exactly what I was hoping for years, and it's the first time they've done it on a Pro Mod. This relic San Dimas is really cool too.

2962411303_cha_ins_frt_1_rr.png

2965201303_cha_ins_frt_1_rr.png

EDIT: This is pretty much everything

2965201376_cha_ins_frt_1_rr.png

2965201380_cha_ins_frt_1_rr.png

2925843568_cha_ins_frt_1_rr.png

2925433552_cha_ins_frt_1_rr.png

2926433503_cha_ins_frt_1_rr.png

2926433576_cha_ins_frt_1_rr.png

2969411303_cha_ins_frt_1_rr.png

2962411500_cha_ins_frt_1_rr.png

2962411519_cha_ins_frt_1_rr.png

Last edited:

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know how they do those relic jobs? As the Henrik Danhage relic pattern is identical from one guitar to the next. Is it a stencil?

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Relic'd black and relic'd white with maple models both look dope, and H/S/S black isn't bad either, no real opinion on the rest

JDizzle

Reaction score
Okay, that gloss black DK24 certianly piqued my interest, but this DKA22 Super-stock might beat it to my shopping list.

Matt08642

Reaction score

mpexus

Reaction score

Charvel posted their new models. Not too much, but I'm very happy with this new DK24 with an ebony board and roasted neck. That's exactly what I was hoping for years, and it's the first time they've done it on a Pro Mod. This relic San Dimas is really cool too.

2965201303_cha_ins_frt_1_rr.png

EDIT: This is pretty much everything

2965201376_cha_ins_frt_1_rr.png
Ohhhhhhhhh... I WANT these!!!! :hbang:

And they are using Nitro so they will naturally relic even more in the future.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone know how they do those relic jobs? As the Henrik Danhage relic pattern is identical from one guitar to the next. Is it a stencil?
I asked this same question elsewhere. No answer yet.

arasys

needs more RRs
Reaction score
We wanted a star.. and we get a butchered one /facepalm I know people love EVH but I want a red charvel star with toothpase logo, and same headstock please thank you.

mREmdAd6JtHxKnwjKdAj8T-1200-80.jpg.webp

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Guitarfetish copying Charvel copying Guitarfetish :lol:
Last year GFS released a line of relic'd Charvel ripoffs that were pretty much spot on to those albeit with worse relicing. Now Charvel returns the favor half a year later.

The pink and black DK24s are killer though. Whats the deal with the 22-fret Dinky with the tootphaste logo? USA or sig model?

JDizzle

Reaction score
Whats the deal with the 22-fret Dinky with the tootphaste logo? USA or sig model?
Made in Mexico and not a signature. It's a "Super-Stock" which I think refers to the fact it's a limited edition with a few distinct features: vintage saddles, toothpaste logo and I think it's the first archtop to appear in the newer style DK range (i.e. Post-Fender era). The toothpaste logo is maybe just another way to separate it from other Pro-Mods - the Phil Sgrosso sig has this style logo too.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe they're using the same pic :fawk: anyway Im still amazed, how can they keep USA made guitars under 2k now?
I don't see where any of these are US-made? Still, Fender sells USA Strats for less, and these are made by the same company. They're probably Mexican, since the MJs are $100 more.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
FMIC Marketing drone said:
Originally a Jackson design, the Dinky's origins date back to the early 1990s when guitarists sought an instrument that boasted Jackson speed and high performance, but with Charvel’s bolt-on neck construction for snappier tone.

:rofl:

Uh, yeah, I guess. If you consider the 1988-89 Model 3DR to be "the early '90s", and the fact that I own a 1988 Jackson Dinky (that is, I can assure you, bolt-on). I hate it when companies don't even know their own history.

')