Jackson/Charvel/EVH 2024

• Thread starter JimF
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
It's confusing. One arm of the business is signing people like Dave Davidson, Vogg, Lee Malia, Mike Stringer, Debbie Gough etc. essentially focusing on modern extreme metal, but then the other side launches guitars aimed at their parents...
I mean... isn't that the point lol? Have one arm of the business handle a certain demo, one handle another, and another etc etc. Diversify your market.

FrashyFroo

Reaction score
It totally makes sense and it's weird it took so long for someone to think of it. If a super famous guitarist got famous playing one of your guitars that everyone loves, maybe there's some money to make there? Who cares if the guitar player now endorses something else?

I guess there's the fear that you'd be highlighting that your guitar wasn't good enough for the artist anymore.
Here's hoping they do a re-issue of the Dough Aldrich model at some point.

Reaction score
Looks like a couple of new budget 7's haven't been mentioned. I had one of the JS22 8 strings a few years back and it was a surprisingly good guitar. Maybe I won the QC lottery with that one. I don't like this headstock on the rhoads but the King V is tempting...$269 mod project.
jcksn-2910137568-1.jpg
jcksn-2910127568-1.jpg

manu80

Reaction score
who was speaking about nightswan ?

Nobody

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Kramer is much cooler and comes with SD pickups and a Floyd 1000. But I really like the Nightswan so there’s that lol.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm 95% sure I'm going to get one. Hoping they put the output jack in the upper horn but I can't find a pic that shows it. Even if it's in lower horn, $269, poplar and maple, makes for a great modding platform.
Yeah the more I think about it the more I'm likely to get it lol. Soup it up and tune it to A standard. I really like how well the headstock matches the body shape ngl

Reaction score

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
The only thing he's said about it, is that it's supposed to have a mahogany body, which is different from the green crackle if that's carried over to the production version. Other specs should be different as well, since his gold crackle has a maple fretboard and will have his new signature pickup. His 27 has a slanted neck pickup as well. Not sure if they're planning on keeping all of those specs, because that might end up being pretty pricey for an Indonesian import.

The green one is MIC, as are all the import crackles. I imagine the new one will be also.

Matt08642

Reaction score
I think I want one of these DK24s because I never got to buy this Fender Showmaster I always jammed on at a guitar store in like 2005 :lol:

1706144374236.png

Come to think of it I like the Showmaster knob and switch placement better.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Would you know if the bridge can be swapped for a hipshot?

Just found this and nah, not a drop in replacement. But the Hipshot holes don;t overlap with the stock bridge holes so all you gotta do is line up stuff and drill new holes.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I want one of these DK24s because I never got to buy this Fender Showmaster I always jammed on at a guitar store in like 2005 :lol:

View attachment 137150

Come to think of it I like the Showmaster knob and switch placement better.
Those Showmasters are awesome. I should probably track one down before they move to psycho expensive.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That seems to be trying to hit the Randy and Vivian markets at the same time.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like a couple of new budget 7's haven't been mentioned. I had one of the JS22 8 strings a few years back and it was a surprisingly good guitar. Maybe I won the QC lottery with that one. I don't like this headstock on the rhoads but the King V is tempting...$269 mod project.
View attachment 137101View attachment 137102
The temptation to rout one of these for a topmount Floyd is gonna be high.

')