Jackson/Charvel/EVH 2024

• Thread starter JimF
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
2919267568_jac_ins_frt_1_rr.jpg

Maybe I just have shit taste but I think the Monarkh bari actually looks pretty alright?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Does SLAT automatically mean big concorde headstock?

The Monarkh looks pretty sick though

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Yeah I'm afraid the Kelly and Warrior are gonna be neck dive city lol

2919267568_jac_ins_frt_1_rr.jpg

Maybe I just have shit taste but I think the Monarkh bari actually looks pretty alright?

People can talk shit about Sleep Token all they want but at least they lead to Jackson putting the right headstock on the Monarkh :lol:

Also wow, Nazgul/Sentient set. Haven't seen those since djent died out.

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

People can talk shit about Sleep Token all they want but at least they lead to Jackson putting the right headstock on the Monarkh :lol:

Yeah the Monarkh looks quite good with that headstock.

Re: Nazgul yeah the only guy I know of who uses it these days is Nicko Calderon from Knocked Loose.

mastapimp

Reaction score
Yeah the Monarkh looks quite good with that headstock.

Re: Nazgul yeah the only guy I know of who uses it these days is Nicko Calderon from Knocked Loose.
At least it's not the traditional monarkh body. It doesn't have that squeezed body and goofy lower horn. It's more like a les paul or eclipse like they did with the marty friedman signature guitars. If it had the old monarkh body, it would look way worse.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score

Looks like they finally fixed the horn on import models. That Monarkh looks great.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Rainbow crackle SL2 looks nice.

Still want a damn 7 string soloist with 25.5" scale and I'm an appealing finish other than black.

Perge

Reaction score

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, bored between appointments yesterday, I went into GC and spied a Titanium White SL3 on the wall, fresh out of the box last week.

Fender seems to have fixed the issues with the first run, as this was pretty much flawless and played like butter. It kicked the shit out of the LP Standards next to it on the wall in the "Platinum" section and was as good in fit and finish as the PRSs. If it wasn't a recessed trem I'd buy one.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been impressed with the stuff made in China, actually. And this DK2 needs a lot of work. However, maybe I'll pick up one of these used some day.

I'm not regretting my purchase though, haha.
I was impressed with the X series Chinese crackles I played. The Pro Plus was fine, but very pricey and not as good as the Korean Charvels in the same price range IMO.

xzacx

Reaction score
I was impressed with the X series Chinese crackles I played. The Pro Plus was fine, but very pricey and not as good as the Korean Charvels in the same price range IMO.
I've also been impressed with the X series Chinese stuff. I imagine there could be some consistency issues, but the ones I've tried have been as nice as any non-US Jacksons I've played. I was truly shocked with how good the first rainbow crackle I came across was. Not even "for the money" either, it was a really nice guitar, period.

')