Jackson/Charvel/EVH 2024

• Thread starter JimF
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

phillybhatesme

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If that's from Pro Audio Star, there's a 50/50 chance that headstock arrives mashed because the guitar is single boxed (unless it comes with a case)

Whoops meant to reply to the parent comment, grover- sorry!

They said that it comes with a gig bag, so we'll see. And yeah, it's from ProAudioStar. It was like...freakin 50% off of the new price. At 1000, much better value than at 1850.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
They said that it comes with a gig bag, so we'll see. And yeah, it's from ProAudioStar. It was like...freakin 50% off of the new price. At 1000, much better value than at 1850.

I really hope you get a good one. I look forward to the NGD. If it's in a gig bag I'm sure the risk of damage is very minimal!

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Put a tremolo in there and piezzo switches and you got yourself a Jackson EBMM Petrucci hybrid. lol
Was gonna say, the horns in particular are very reminiscent of a JP. It's like if the DK, the JP, and an RGD had a baby. I can dig it.

Comes with a Gotoh 510FX bridge too. Super comfy bridges. Similar to the Hipshot ones, but they don't dig into your palm as much.
is it me or prices are getting more logical vs what we saw the last 2 yrs ?. Even the baritone new models have features that could have gone for 2k...
I feel like they kind of are? I don't think prices are going down, but rather that they finally aren't going up. The new Fender Player IIs brought back rosewood boards, and now have rolled fingerboard edges. Same price as the old ones instead of a price increase.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I feel like they kind of are? I don't think prices are going down, but rather that they finally aren't going up. The new Fender Player IIs brought back rosewood boards, and now have rolled fingerboard edges. Same price as the old ones instead of a price increase.
Yeah, I think this is really what's happening. The yearly price increase seems to be flat this year, probably so they can sell something. :lol:

The used market is definitely starting to trend toward sanity.

phillybhatesme

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ooof, def gonna call ProAudioStar tomorrow.

It arrived in one piece, but wasn't exactly packed well.

It was used, but it was listed as Mint. Unfortunately, I wouldn't exactly call a chip in the finish "mint."

It came de-tuned (ok), but string broke as I was tuning it today lol. So I can't even give a great impression. I foolishly did not order any replacement strings and don’t have any good replacements for the low end on hand.

Finally...I'm not really sure what to make of this dead fret? Is it a dead fret? Is the action too low? Does the fret height need to be adjusted?

[Video Processing]

All in all, I wouldn't have bought it had the listing described a chip in the paint and mentioning "you can't play it as is." So I'll call them tomorrow and see what my options are.

Cat likes it though:

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Ooof, def gonna call ProAudioStar tomorrow.

It arrived in one piece, but wasn't exactly packed well.

It was used, but it was listed as Mint. Unfortunately, I wouldn't exactly call a chip in the finish "mint."

It came de-tuned (ok), but string broke as I was tuning it today lol. So I can't even give a great impression. I foolishly did not order any replacement strings and don’t have any good replacements for the low end on hand.

Finally...I'm not really sure what to make of this dead fret? Is it a dead fret? Is the action too low? Does the fret height need to be adjusted?

[Video Processing]

All in all, I wouldn't have bought it had the listing described a chip in the paint and mentioning "you can't play it as is." So I'll call them tomorrow and see what my options are.

Cat likes it though:

As long as your cat likes it!

')