Jackson/Charvel/EVH 2024

• Thread starter JimF
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
I'm an idiot for selling my SLAT3-7 and an even bigger idiot for skipping out on Mesh's SL2H-7 run. I think folks want more for the SLAT now then the SL2s were back then. :lol:
We all make questionable decisions in life. My SLAT3-7 is up there with any of the 7s I've played or owned. The revised version with the slightly less ridiculous headstock and binding. They're hard to find and go for silly prices now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
If they brought back the DK7M at a Mexi Charvel price but without the 3 bolt neck (the major complaint with them) they would probably sell, since every used one goes for $800 almost instantly.
There's a natural one on Reverb at the moment and I've thought about it, but I have 9 guitars and I don't even have space for them all as it is 🤣

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
The Jeff Loomis SL7 has appropriately sized sharkfins and a normal inline headstock that's not oversized. It's basically an SL2H-7 but it's 26.5" scale.
:rofl:

I made the thread of the Loomis JL-7. The amount of headstock complaints was insane for a "properly-sized" headstock, lol. Utterly ridiculous. I mean, people cried for the USA headstock when the SLAT3-7s were released, and when they eventually got it STILL was too big for them. :lol:

I'm an idiot for selling my SLAT3-7 and an even bigger idiot for skipping out on Mesh's SL2H-7 run. I think folks want more for the SLAT now then the SL2s were back then. :lol:
No worries. Diablo Guitars can help you out for the very reasonable amount of $7000 (for a used one)! :nuts:

Last edited:

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
There's a 50/50 chance the dealer was full of shit unless they have a few years worth of top CS dealer plaques and have an "in" on a couple vacant/dormant Masterbuilt slots.
Dunno about the plaques but they sell a LOT of CS stuff. Doesn't really matter to me either way since I don't have the patience to wait for a CS build, but that's what I was told and I have no reason to doubt them.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Dunno about the plaques but they sell a LOT of CS stuff. Doesn't really matter to me either way since I don't have the patience to wait for a CS build, but that's what I was told and I have no reason to doubt them.
Honestly, for the prices the SLAT3-7s and the USA 7s are getting at, I will just say this:

Just get a used ESP E-II :yesway:

They're very similar to Jacksons in my experience. The quality level is right in between a SLAT3-7 and a USA 7 (which means great). On top of that you get quite a few choices regarding shapes (singlecut, tele, superstrat, archtop, RR, V). Finishes pretty much range from black to satin black, though :lol:. You can always get a refinish done, I guess. Snag one anywhere between 1-2k and enjoy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

')