Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

1b4n3z

Reaction score
I'm guessing you're referring to used prices as I haven't seen any new ones being sold for £1500. Actually even USA selects at £1500 are getting rare as most people seem to be asking crazy money for used with a quite a few defects. There was a green ghost flame SL2 being sold with several extra holes in the control cavity and the guy was asking £1500.

In general whenever I see anything over £1800 I immediately would prefer to get a new ESP E-II. Even though all the fancy new colours and tops seem to be driving the prices up for those guitars new too. Most of the newer ESP's I have seen are over £2000 and I'm not sure if this will affect their more standard colour and spec range.

Yeah I mean used guitars. My assumption is prices increases regarding new guitars will seep into the used market at some rate (and lag) as well. Talking about replacement cost theory and whatnot. I just bought a trans black SL2H (2001) for €1300 and the same model is on German kleinanzeigen for €2300. That's what I'm talking about :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
It's pretty close, inflation would peg it around $2100 today, and you can find them new from authorized dealers for about $2400, but more commonly $2700. That's not too terrible considering since the move to Select means you can add no-cost options like different inlay styles and materials, binding, fret size, bridge, etc.

The Custom Shop (Masterbuilt) pricing and artist model stuff has had the sharpest price increases, we're talking at least two fold on top of inflation, and availability is nonexistent.

That's for the US though, I can only imagine overseas where there was already higher relative pricing.

last time I was in Paris the USA Jacksons generally cost the same number but in Euros instead of USD. So more expensive, but not highway robbery. Especially when you factor in that the tax is included in those prices. I think FMIC has pretty decent export deals.

Celtic Frosted Flakes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's pretty close, inflation would peg it around $2100 today, and you can find them new from authorized dealers for about $2400, but more commonly $2700. That's not too terrible considering since the move to Select means you can add no-cost options like different inlay styles and materials, binding, fret size, bridge, etc.

The Custom Shop (Masterbuilt) pricing and artist model stuff has had the sharpest price increases, we're talking at least two fold on top of inflation, and availability is nonexistent.

That's for the US though, I can only imagine overseas where there was already higher relative pricing.

Are you sure you can get one for $ 2400 - 2700? I remember seeing a custom select order form and the snakeskin finish is like a $ 600 upgrade from a solid color finish.

mbardu

Reaction score
last time I was in Paris the USA Jacksons generally cost the same number but in Euros instead of USD. So more expensive, but not highway robbery. Especially when you factor in that the tax is included in those prices. I think FMIC has pretty decent export deals.

Jackson prices there have been pretty weird IIRC. In the early 2000s, they were waaaay higher than in the US. Like 2.5/3k$+ USD equivalent already then, while I easily imported one to France for less than 1k$. The internet was less prevalent, the dealers were more powerful, and people bought what they could (importing yourself was way unsual at the time).
But then they changed very little over time through the last 15/20 years which means they're pretty reasonable nowadays. Especially considering that the prices you see already include all taxes, unlike in the US.

mbardu

Reaction score
Are you sure you can get one for $ 2400 - 2700? I remember seeing a custom select order form and the snakeskin finish is like a $ 600 upgrade from a solid color finish.

I guess you could get a barebones black soloist without options that the orderer/customer bailed out on for 2.4/2.7 if the dealer really wants to get rid of it. But like you said, if you want some non super basic options, it's usually quite a bit more than that. I haven't been able to be quoted below 3.5/3.7 for a Kelly with stainless steel frets and a not boring finish.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Apparently the USA HT6 and HT7 will be about $1000 more USD than they are now starting Oct 1.
This is hilarious :lol: So $5k for a Misha sig? LMAO

Hope the QC is better than mine where the frets are sharper than MIM Fender stuff. Could get a 5A top Mayo for less than $5k these days lol

Crazy_Guitar

Reaction score
Not mine... but a friend's. She's here at home with me for an overhaul setup and electronics repair.

1994 Jackson Dinky XL Pro
IMG_7887_fix.jpg
IMG_7889_fix.jpg
IMG_7892_fix.jpg
IMG_7895_fix.jpg
IMG_7906_fix.jpg
IMG_7897_fix.jpg
IMG_7898_fix.jpg
IMG_7901_fix.jpg
IMG_7902_fix.jpg
IMG_7903_fix.jpg

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Anyone tried the Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 2? The black one looks pretty sweet. Are these MIM?

mbardu

Reaction score
So how good or bad have the midrange Indo Jacksons been since 2019/2020?

I've tried a couple at my local shop and was actually very surprised compared to what I had seen, say between 2016 and 2018.
No real finish flaws to speak of, guitar felt solid and sustained well- fretwork was actually more than decent...
As much as I disliked my experience with those indos before- I was *very* pleasantly surprised this time.
Have they improved across the board or is that a fluke from that particular store?

Asking because they didn't store the particular model I'd consider getting so I would have to order sight unseen...
And I would rather not do that if the consensus is still negative even in 2020...

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
So how good or bad have the midrange Indo Jacksons been since 2019/2020?

I've tried a couple at my local shop and was actually very surprised compared to what I had seen, say between 2016 and 2018.
No real finish flaws to speak of, guitar felt solid and sustained well- fretwork was actually more than decent...
As much as I disliked my experience with those indos before- I was *very* pleasantly surprised this time.
Have they improved across the board or is that a fluke from that particular store?

Asking because they didn't store the particular model I'd consider getting so I would have to order sight unseen...
And I would rather not do that if the consensus is still negative even in 2020...
From what I've played, they still seem to be hit or miss. I played one recently at a Sam Ash that had frets worse than a $50 toys r us guitar. I mean this thing looked like someone took some tools and intentionally scrapped the hell out of them to the point where it was cutting up my hands playing it. I've also played some though that were pretty nice. I've wanted a neck through Jackson for years, but the Indo ones just scared me off. The bolt on ones are made in Mexico and seem to have better QC though. Not to mention some of the neck throughs are now made in China, which I don't care how decent the guitar is, I'm not paying $1100 for a made in China guitar.

')