Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

electriceye

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in a 1994 USA Dinky Custom, you can buy it from me.

IMG_7547.jpeg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I forgot about this thread so I'll ask here. Anyone with experience with the Angel Vivaldi 6 string signature model? Curious to hear your thoughts. I've heard the neck on them is a little rounder than normal Dk24's and possibly a little thicker?

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, Matt's Guitars in Manassas VA has a bunch of the new Jacksons in, and I played a SL3, the Danhage Charvel, the cammo Performer Rhoads 7 and the Loomis 7. Both of the 7s were pretty meh - they were fine but seemed overpriced for what they were, especially the Rhoads.
The Danhage was disappointing - it may just be a "meh" one but it wasn't any better than the Mexi Charvels they had for half the price.
The SL3, though, that was actually quite good. If you're in the market they're worth checking out.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I forgot about this thread so I'll ask here. Anyone with experience with the Angel Vivaldi 6 string signature model? Curious to hear your thoughts. I've heard the neck on them is a little rounder than normal Dk24's and possibly a little thicker?
The curve is definitely different, but I liked it on the one I played.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
So, Matt's Guitars in Manassas VA has a bunch of the new Jacksons in, and I played a SL3, the Danhage Charvel, the cammo Performer Rhoads 7 and the Loomis 7. Both of the 7s were pretty meh - they were fine but seemed overpriced for what they were, especially the Rhoads.
The Danhage was disappointing - it may just be a "meh" one but it wasn't any better than the Mexi Charvels they had for half the price.
The SL3, though, that was actually quite good. If you're in the market they're worth checking out.
That’s disappointing to hear on the RR7 and JL7. Do you think they would just be in need of some proper TLC and a setup? I remember you said that you had played a few MIK models that you were impressed with.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
That’s disappointing to hear on the RR7 and JL7. Do you think they would just be in need of some proper TLC and a setup? I remember you said that you had played a few MIK models that you were impressed with.

If you like the Loomis sig a used SLAT3-7 is probably a way better value for your buck. They really missed the chance of releasing a 7-string Kelly. Like we don't have enough black superstrats already... :scratch:

Last edited:

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
If you like the Loomis sig a used SLAT3-7 is probably a way better value for your buck. They really missed the chance of releasing a 7-string Kelly. Like we don't have enough black superstrats already... :scratch:
Maybe we’ll get a 7 string Kelly next year?
An MIJ SLAT is definitely a bucket list guitar, but I’m so sick of soapbar routing :rant:

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe we’ll get a 7 string Kelly next year?
An MIJ SLAT is definitely a bucket list guitar, but I’m so sick of soapbar routing :rant:

I doubt it. Jeff said they tried and it had too much neckdive. Not sure how much of that is true, though. I had an old MIJ 7-string Kelly and I don't remember it neck diving more than the Pro XL I bought recently.

About soapbar routes... I hear you, but the Pegasus/Sentient set is a match made in heaven for those guitars and they come in soapbar routes. The SLAT3-7 also comes with a ground wire for no apparent reason, so the switch to passives is effortless.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Interesting. I'd put my Loomis up against my SLAT3-7 and USA Selects it plays so well. And at $1600 new it seemed fairly priced to me. Maybe it just needed some set-up, or it's down to the variability of the individual instruments.

Totally agree on the American Series SL3 though. I haven't played a bad one yet.

Last edited:

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Rainbow Guitars just fucking gets it man.

The frenzy guitars were awesome as af.

They're HS soloists look like straight fire.
I'm kind of surprised this is happening. With the wait time being what it is most dealers have stopped doing runs like this. Plus, Scott at Rainbow passed away a few years ago and he was their big J/C (and ESP, Suhr, etc.) guy. Since then they haven't really stocked high end gear outside of Fender, Gibson, and PRS.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Gave my Jackson Fusion Pro a bit of a face lift.
Alternative 8 in the bridge and 2 1/4 pounders in for the singles. Plugged the top pot and moved the volume to the center pot.
Sanded down the gloss off of the back of the neck and gunstock oiled it.
New Schaller bridge as well ( the intonation screws were not holding in the base plate of the trem it came with).
Victor over at the Axe palace did all the work for me and he radiused the trem to match the fret board (did that on my Soloist XL too).
Plays and sounds fantastic :)
(I like this Alt 8 it even splits well) but I'm not sure I'm sold on the 24.75 scale with 24 frets yet, going to have to really spend some hours on it, since I've dropped some $$$ into it now
🙂
IMG_4857.jpg
IMG_4858.jpg

NCASO96

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This question is regarding the various Charvel USA models.. The signatures, DKs, etc.

In your opinion, what are the greatest reasons why these guitars, are over $2k more than the MIM counterparts? Many have similar appointments (barring the OG FRs)

Are they PLEKed? I know the US shop is leaps and bounds ahead of the MIM in terms of build quality.

thx

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
This question is regarding the various Charvel USA models.. The signatures, DKs, etc.

In your opinion, what are the greatest reasons why these guitars, are over $2k more than the MIM counterparts? Many have similar appointments (barring the OG FRs)

Are they PLEKed? I know the US shop is leaps and bounds ahead of the MIM in terms of build quality.

thx
USA models are mostly more expensive because they're made in the USA. Also, they have some more expensive components. Mostly though, it's county of origin (labor cost and markup for prestige). You can be the judge of whether that means higher quality instruments. I would say yes, but they can and do mess up, while the MIM ones can also be very good. Just like every other manufacturer.

Not sure if J/C USA custom shop or the new American Series (Charvel and Jackson USA Select and USA Artist models are small batches in the custom shop and not mass produced) are Pleked.

')