Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

grimmchaos

I like beer
Reaction score
This one is @eaeolian 's fault.

Jackson Stars SLJ2-BE I believe. Ebony board, toilet sharkfins. Kind of a chunky neck which I dig. He's sent me down a rabbit hole into the strange world of MIJ Jackson's that we don't get in the US.

dYkShLD.jpg
rXfjxSo.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Lovely board on that!
There's a black Stars Soloist on Reverb at the minute that's really tempting me.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Can confirm that going back to the 1000 series Floyd on the SL7 fixes the string spacing vs the Gotoh 7 string trem. So weird. On paper there is a slight difference in string spacing, but not enough you'd think it would matter.

grimmchaos

I like beer
Reaction score
Bitch, you can't post that pic with two MX-250s in the background and not show those off too, I don't care if it's the Jackson/Charvel thread!
They are RRR’s not ESP’s…. But maybe a thread for another day!

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Andy from Thy Art also has a sweet 7 string Warrior with dot inlays in the Blood Throne video.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Could some one enlighten me as to why this thing is advertised for so much?

It just seems pretty ridiculous

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Could some one enlighten me as to why this thing is advertised for so much?

It just seems pretty ridiculous
That does seem steep to me, but old MIJ pro and X series are commanding stupid prices these days so I'm not surprised.

DK2Ms are going for like $700-1000 depending on condition. I've seen EDS DK2s for over a grand.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
John Petrucci has been doing this for decades.

Guess I never noticed considering he's got the 2 other switches and they all flow together to create that trail along the body, without those there it's just kind of off in no man's land and draws the eye to where it really end up.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Guess I never noticed considering he's got the 2 other switches and they all flow together to create that trail along the body, without those there it's just kind of off in no man's land and draws the eye to where it really end up.
Probably a bit more noticable here because the switch itself is larger.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Love the solid top on natural back part, hate the dirty looking maple board part.

I'm usually not a baked or super figured maple fan, but I think it works here so it doesn't look like an X series.

I think my biggest gripe would be lack of binding, and no trem but that's less about aesthetics. :lol:

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Gotta love solid top on natural back. :agreed:

I usually disagree strongly, but that yellow seems to blend better with the wood choices. It's not jarring like purples/greens/blues can be. Especially against a light colored wood. (I'm looking at you, Ibanez and Anderson.)

')