Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

xzacx

Reaction score
I'm usually not a baked or super figured maple fan, but I think it works here so it doesn't look like an X series.

I think my biggest gripe would be lack of binding, and no trem but that's less about aesthetics. :lol:
I’ll agree here, the lack of Floyd would be more of a dealbreaker than the maple board (although in nearly all cases I prefer rosewood/ebony/richlite). Fortunately, the lack of availability renders these details all moot hahah. Guess I should just be happy to have one Soloist 7 with a Floyd.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Joe Williams can build a nice-looking fiddle

I dig that banana.. err guitar!

Joe Williams makes killer axes. My favourite CS7 Jacksons are usually built by him. That Palemoon ebony dinky he made a few years ago still haunts my dreams...

yan12

Reaction score
I am still stuck in the old school ways. Charvels need maple boards and Jacksons need ebony.

I only lament the fact that Jackson doesn't seem to use that super thick, jet black ebony for boards any longer. I think my 87 catalog states that all Custom Shop guitars feature thicker fretboards. They certainly did back then. I love the full-size bolt-on "strat body" Jacksons with those monster frets and thick ebony slab...I'm gonna go fire one up right now as I think about it!

manu80

Reaction score
I got a question for you guys.
I've been looking for a Korina KV2 (KV1 should be impossible anyways). Almost got one 4 yrs ago at 2600 euros but I overthought it and it was gone...I'm still whipping my back on this. Now prices are insane....like 4500 euros.
Would you go for a Luthier to have one done? or it's just stupid ? Same guitar (floyd or even a kahler but the Kahler prices are crazy too) but no Jackson logo on it. Did you guys ever choose this option for some stuff you couldn't get or find ? Help appreciated. thx

ThomasUV777

Reaction score
I've been looking for a Korina KV2 (KV1 should be impossible anyways). Almost got one 4 yrs ago at 2600 euros but I overthought it and it was gone...I'm still whipping my back on this. Now prices are insane....like 4500 euros.
Would you go for a Luthier to have one done? or it's just stupid ? Same guitar (floyd or even a kahler but the Kahler prices are crazy too) but no Jackson logo on it. Did you guys ever choose this option for some stuff you couldn't get or find ? Help appreciated. thx

In my personal experience, when I have a real dream-guitar or amp in mind, a substitute never really satisfies.

I had a Mesa Boogie Triaxis before I had the Mesa Boogie Studio Preamp. Fuckit, I still bought it, even though the Triaxis
is vastly superior in every way (got both tho).

I wanted a real USA Randy Rhoads, didn't want to shill the money for it, bought a cheaper rhoads. Hated that
the Jackson logo was not Pearloid. Sold it and got the real deal.

I know people who can easily "settle for different (cheaper)".

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score

If you can find the guitar in an acceptable condition, buy it. A Korina KV2 is a bit more rare, so as long as you keep it in good condition, it'll likely go up in value should you wish to sale it in the future. Korina's not an option right now for the Custom Selects, so that route is not open. Jackson has expanded the Custom Select options though in the recent past, so Korina may show up at some point.

But yeah, if a Korina KV2 is exactly or very near what you want, go with that. The likelihood of paying more for a custom version from someone else that's not Jackson is high since you'd have to find a builder that can match the quality, but more importantly, be reliable enough to actually deliver you a guitar. And if part of the desire is for a Jackson, a non-Jackson may not properly scratch the itch.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
If you got a replica made, wouldn't you spend all your time thinking either
1) This isn't perfect, I wonder if I would have been happier with a Jackson...
or
2) This is perfect, but I wonder how much better a Jackson would be...

Also, that Rhoads Warrior is awful.

manu80

Reaction score
Got your point guys. I agree. I can also tweak it a bit to make it more to my likings, like 1 vol only, slight belly cut etc....but yeah it will never be the real deal.....but 4K is a huge amount and so far i can't get other the fact that things have increased like crazy post covid in some areas just because ...

ThomasUV777

Reaction score
Got your point guys. I agree. I can also tweak it a bit to make it more to my likings, like 1 vol only, slight belly cut etc....but yeah it will never be the real deal.....but 4K is a huge amount and so far i can't get other the fact that things have increased like crazy post covid in some areas just because ...

New standard I'm afraid. I have to put new cement in my basement, like a lot. Literally last year, the same amount
of cement would cost me €1300 instead of the current €2700. Where was I going with this? Ow yeah, the Jackson.

Like stated above, these normally retain their value pretty well so you got that going.

manu80

Reaction score
et oui.... flippant hein ?
When I see the duncans price nowadays. they're on the used market the price they were selling 2yrs ago. I wonder where we're going like that....like everywhere, food, gas, cars etc.....
maybe go with the real deal but it's hard to go over some prices....,

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Reminds me of these:

*not a good thing

1692712196237.jpeg

Untitled%20design%20%289%29.png

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
That Warrior is all that's wrong with Jackson's custom shop. Just why?
What do you mean? It was a request from one of their artists it sounds like. It's not like they built this for their own amusement like some of the ESP exhibition series you see which are just giving the builders carte blanche to flex their skills.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
What do you mean? It was a request from one of their artists it sounds like. It's not like they built this for their own amusement like some of the ESP exhibition series you see which are just giving the builders carte blanche to flex their skills.
I suppose that's fair. One of their artists did request it.

Though ESP builds those ridiculous exhibition things, they still do take custom orders from the public. Not Jackson.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
The wooden pickguard inlay is cringe af. An all black six string version with a Floyd would be based.

')