Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

XC18

Jackson Warrior Sloot
Reaction score
Well, I'm not 100% sure if theyre real or not. Somene on another forum said they're MOP. Definitely not plastic and comparing to my '92 Soloist pro MOP sharkies they react the same under light looking at them from different angles and show different colors. Like MOP will....

None of my jacksons with pearloid/MOTO inlays are like this and they're more bland in colour.
The professional guitars have mother of pearl inlays. With that being said, they’re probably not going to be amazing pieces of mother of pearl. But they will be MOP.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gnoll

Reaction score
The professional guitars have mother of pearl inlays. With that being said, they’re probably not going to be amazing pieces of mother of pearl. But they will be MOP.

It's not that simple. Some of them do, but not all of them.

Well, I'm not 100% sure if theyre real or not. Somene on another forum said they're MOP. Definitely not plastic and comparing to my '92 Soloist pro MOP sharkies they react the same under light looking at them from different angles and show different colors. Like MOP will....

None of my jacksons with pearloid/MOTO inlays are like this and they're more bland in colour.

Maybe they are real then! I have to say I'm not sure, I just thought that when they stopped the Pros, XLs etc. in 95 that they stopped the mop inlays.

Anyway if they look good they look good, regardless material!

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Some maintenance on the Fusion Pro. Such a nice guitar

28-A41-F29-35-BB-46-A6-91-C2-2-E9-D769-BDEFA.jpg

jco5055

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten their hands on (whether bought or just played) any Masterbuilts? I've become quasi-obsessed with them, mostly just for the rarity, and the only way you'll see anything even slightly unique specs wise. There's a store on Long Island that's a big Jackson dealer, and I'm hoping they get some NAMM pieces so I can check them out.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
This looks pretty sick. My favorite part of the guitar is actually the finish (or lack thereof) on the back lol. Still a cool idea though.

I mean, I guess it's alright but if you're going to use that technique, why on top of figured koa? You can't really see any of it.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know the song they open that video with? Can't find it on the Exmortus spotify...

theneonknight

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I will say, this has not been fast, and he's not cheap. However, for solids, metallics, sparkles, graphics, etc. GMW is the place to go.
Whatever you paid, it was worth it. That's a fantastic job.

I undertook a crackle project over the summer on one of my Jacksons, and while I'm generally pleased with the outcome, I will NEVER do that again. Totally brutal.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
This looks pretty sick. My favorite part of the guitar is actually the finish (or lack thereof) on the back lol. Still a cool idea though.

I still don't get why they advertise their master build customs on social media when nobody is fucking allowed to even order one. Sure it's an awesome instrument but it just makes me salty I can't buy one for myself.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
I still don't get why they advertise their master build customs on social media when nobody is fucking allowed to even order one. Sure it's an awesome instrument but it just makes me salty I can't buy one for myself.

Very true. "Here guys, look at all of this cool stuff that our custom shop has always been able to do if you're a big enough artist and if you're not get fucked"

Yep. Thanks for showing me anyways I guess, Jackson lol

DimMak

Reaction score
Anyone know if there were bolt on USA Soloists in 1990? There are no bolt on Soloists right only Dinkys?

xzacx

Reaction score
Anyone know if there were bolt on USA Soloists in 1990? There are no bolt on Soloists right only Dinkys?
There's not really any such thing. I know of at least one neck-thru that's called a DK on the Custom Shop paperwork, so it's possible there's some anomaly out there. There's no meaningful difference anyway, so it would just be a matter of having a different name rather than being a different guitar.

DimMak

Reaction score
There's not really any such thing. I know of at least one neck-thru that's called a DK on the Custom Shop paperwork, so it's possible there's some anomaly out there. There's no meaningful difference anyway, so it would just be a matter of having a different name rather than being a different guitar.
Except the Dinky body is 25% smaller I thought?

')