Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score

jahosy

Reaction score
Hmm. No idea what the stamp means.

Which Titanium saddles are those? I know there's a couple of different makers out there...
No worries; my first USA bolt-on so just curious.

Saddles from Aliexpress; marketed as titanium 'alloy' - assuming it's some low grade metal composite. Does feel / sound pretty good.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Since you guys are the expert
Is there any chance that Jackson reissues some color scheme after a few years?
I'm looking after this one (it was in 2020 catalogue) as I was an idiot and didn't purchased it when it was available

1_1_0723399.jpg

Now online it's at twice the price it was when released

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
Since you guys are the expert
Is there any chance that Jackson reissues some color scheme after a few years?
I'm looking after this one (it was in 2020 catalogue) as I was an idiot and didn't purchased it when it was available

1_1_0723399.jpg

Now online it's at twice the price it was when released
What model is that?

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
To be honest its probably fine, I had a KVX10 for years that I keep forgetting about and I don't remember that giving me any grief or having any massive Solar-esque bevels.

I can't believe I forget I had that Jackson King V. It was my main live guitar for years. I'll be sat there saying "Oh I've only ever had a 70's Flying V copy" or "Never had a guitar with a TOM I liked" and then I'll come across a pic of me playing the red Jackson and be like "Oh shit there he is!" and remember I played it for about 4 years! :lol:

Bonus pic of it in action from about 2005. Am I death growling? Or am I slurping all the electricity out of the PA system via the mic :lol:

Capture.JPG

Ikaruga

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
In my journey to collect MIJ superstrats I recently got this Jackson Stars SL-J1.
I have never tried an USA made soloist but I don´t think one could tell much difference qualitywise between this and a Jackson SL2H.

There´s not much to say besides the usual Soloist specs. I mainly got it due the MOP inlays and logo, as well as bound ebony fingerboard.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
We never know what Jackson will do, but it seems unlikely, because those didn't sell very well. Be patient and you'll find a used one at a reasonable price eventually.
I'm in Italy...chances are really dire
Not to mention that it seems very very hard to find a second hand V that is not battered and full of dings

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In my journey to collect MIJ superstrats I recently got this Jackson Stars SL-J1.
I have never tried an USA made soloist but I don´t think one could tell much difference qualitywise between this and a Jackson SL2H.

There´s not much to say besides the usual Soloist specs. I mainly got it due the MOP inlays and logo, as well as bound ebony fingerboard.

If the Stars RR I played was an indication, those are identical to USAs except for the switch placement.

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
Really should have gone the extra step and color-matched the logo with the pinstripe color. Inlays also look like shit for something that's nearing the $3k mark.

Can anyone enlighten me why Jackson refuse to bring back the single pickup RR24?

View attachment 134609

FWIW I have the one with yellow bevels and I find the yellow logo infuriating, I think it makes it look cheaper and more obviously like an import compared to a white logo. Grass is always greener :lol:

Jackson do love to variegate stuff in mystifying ways though. The Heylmun Rhoads would be a slam dunk Alexi-style 7 (desirable for many on this board I'm sure) if not for the lack of binding and inlays.

soliloquy

Reaction score
My 2000's MIJ collection. Got the Bond last week. Black Winters and EMG 57. Bond has Blackout that I already bought a BW for. WTB one with yellow bevels still.View attachment 135842

the Kevin Bond is such an under apricated guitar, in my opinion. I kick myself for not buying it when I was a teen, thinking 'it wont age well with all the pentagrams and evil looking'.

I wish i bought it back then, as I still keep hunting for them all these years later

Tisca

Big-tube snob
Reaction score
the Kevin Bond is such an under apricated guitar, in my opinion. I kick myself for not buying it when I was a teen, thinking 'it wont age well with all the pentagrams and evil looking'.

I wish i bought it back then, as I still keep hunting for them all these years later

That was me.
In my 20's - those pentagrams are a bit much.
In my 40's - pentagrams are perfect for my current band!

')