Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

TheGuitarPit

Reaction score
Alright! Much better. Guitar Center came through this time. Even though it was $250 more than the previous ($1199), it's basically mint other than some light swirling on the finish. One tiny ding along the bottom near the strap button. Almost no fret wear. And a small bonus: the top veneer is a little more interesting (has a little quilt to the flame).

One thing I immediately noticed is this guitar's "feel" seems a bit...less...something? The pots are way cheaper and feel lighter. The 2002 I had previously had heavy brass poles on the pots, and the knobs were weighty. These knobs feel cheap. The neck feels a tiny bit different as well, but that might just be because the other one was played to death and very worn in. I swear the previous one had more of a "U" shaped neck, but I could be imagining things. It didn't come with a booklet or anything so I don't know much else about it. Serial number is "U0 936 0" if that means anything to anyone. Maybe this was made at a later date than the old one?

I don't know what the pickups are but they don't look stock. Either way, much happier with this purchase. Glad to finally have a Jackson...been playing 15+ years and had never even tried one. A crime, I know.

20171118_092617_HDR.jpg
20171118_092709.jpg
20171118_092652.jpg
20171118_092644.jpg
20171118_092753_HDR.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm a bit split. For $400 more, I've seen a couple that are in better shape but lack some of the features. This one plays great, looks cool, and is pretty decked out, but you're probably right. Looking at a major project or a lot of cash to make it 100%.

Fret wear:
View attachment 57121

Floyd tarnish. Some of this is just dirt that needs to be cleaned, but some of it is rust.
View attachment 57123

And the two big chunks out of the paint near the bottom strap button:
View attachment 57122
When there is rust like that on the hardware you can just use a toothbrush with some 3in1 oil and it will cleaeigh
Alright, that $949 SL2H from guitar center with the terrible picture showed up. Figured it was worth the gamble.

It's got a lot of tarnish on the floyd. A couple big dings on the bottom. A little delamination near the headstock logo. It's probably due for a refret as well. Looks like it's missing the original pickup selector knob too. Otherwise, it's in pretty good shape I guess. It's certainly been played. So yeah, think it's worth fixing up and giving a second shot at life?

Serial number starts with U19, so it's from 1992? The instruction book in the case says 2002, so maybe I'm wrong on that one. Anyone know specifically what model this one is? The action is incredible...

View attachment 57119

View attachment 57118
When there is rust on the hardware like that you can just use a toothbrush with 3in1 oil on it and it will clean right up.

manu80

Reaction score
Couldn't resit this one, made me drool back in the days on the guitar world adds ;)
Really good condition, it's more purple than blue. Amstrong pups replaces by Dimarzio fred and Super distortion. Will replace the beat up pup rings with new ones, and add 12 holes pickup cover. Really nice guitar, love that wilkinson bridge (already have it on my godin artisan). Reverb pic from the add.
cikljzodzj8ip02cwgbt.jpg

manu80

Reaction score
i had the black in 6. Just one of the best guitar i've ever seen., hands down. forget Mayones, capa etc....just crazy !
So great i was scared to play with , and it's...heavy as uckf ;)

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Couldn't resit this one, made me drool back in the days on the guitar world adds ;)
Really good condition, it's more purple than blue. Amstrong pups replaces by Dimarzio fred and Super distortion. Will replace the beat up pup rings with new ones, and add 12 holes pickup cover. Really nice guitar, love that wilkinson bridge (already have it on my godin artisan). Reverb pic from the add.
View attachment 57747
Woah... what's the model on that guy? I've never seen one of those before.

xzacx

Reaction score
Woah... what's the model on that guy? I've never seen one of those before.

That’s an AT1 - from the mid-‘90s. They also made AT1Ts. They didn’t make them long, but they aren’t incredibly hard to find and usually go for pretty reasonable prices. GC Used just had an AT1T in a cherry sunburst for $800. I was considering it but it sold. Always wished they would have been set-neck or neck-thru, such cool guitars though.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
That’s an AT1 - from the mid-‘90s. They also made AT1Ts. They didn’t make them long, but they aren’t incredibly hard to find and usually go for pretty reasonable prices. GC Used just had an AT1T in a cherry sunburst for $800. I was considering it but it sold. Always wished they would have been set-neck or neck-thru, such cool guitars though.
Thank you!

Damn, they must be kinda rare. I can't find any on Reverb or GC. That purple one that manu80 has is seriously beautiful!

Latest posts

')