Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

Najka

Reaction score
yes..it shreds
2guitarsside.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kolahola

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm about to make a trade and as far as i am convinced to do it, but still i want to know your opinion: My Japanese Jackson SL3 soloist for a Schecter Blackjack SLS.
Yeah, neck through, flame maple veneer, thiner neck and pickups may seem to be slightly better over set neck, plain top and SD Blackout (this last one si more personal choice) but what kinda bothers me from my guitar is the FLOYD ROSE. I'm a guy who constantly changes the guitar tuning and i NEED a fixed bridge guitar. What are your thoughts?

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm about to make a trade and as far as i am convinced to do it, but still i want to know your opinion: My Japanese Jackson SL3 soloist for a Schecter Blackjack SLS.
Yeah, neck through, flame maple veneer, thiner neck and pickups may seem to be slightly better over set neck, plain top and SD Blackout (this last one si more personal choice) but what kinda bothers me from my guitar is the FLOYD ROSE. I'm a guy who constantly changes the guitar tuning and i NEED a fixed bridge guitar. What are your thoughts?

Block the Floyd.

That said, if the fixed bridge is key to you enjoying your guitar and playing, don't hesitate to go with the Schecter. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Edika

Reaction score

The SLS has a really comfy neck it does have a narrower neck. In terms of playability it is on par with the Jackson ones just narrower and rounder. The one I had played extremelly well and was really resonant. It slayed with the Blackouts and it slayed with the EMG57/66 I had it with. However the positives of a fixed bridge like the TOM and trying different tunings is only valid if you don't do extreme tuning and gauge changes. If you go From E standard to drop D or D standard to drop C or E standard to E flat without changing strings it is super handy even though the strings will feel a bit looser and vibrate more causing a bit of buzz. Intonation and trussrod adjustment you can get away with.
If you however play inE standard and change the tuning to C or B for a few months and back again then you still need to do trussrod adjustments, intonation adjustments which are admittedly easier on a fixed bridge. The only drawback with changing gauges back and forth is the nut slot sizes. For the 46 gauge E it was ok. The 60 I tried for B didn't fit the slot however. The question is how well the nut performs if you widen it and decide to go thinner strings again.

kolahola

Reaction score
Just did the trade, now i am on my way back home with it!
I was told Schecter necks were like baseball bats (lol), thick and uncomfy but thats b*llshit. Neck its actually very similar to my jackie, a little bit more round, i may even like it more. Feels so good to my hands.
And about the bridge, i am constantly floating between E, D and Drop C, so i guess i will be able to do these tuning changes without touching the truss rod. In the worst case, i could keep it in D-Drop C and use my 8 stringer for standard tuning.
Thank you my guys @Edika @Kyle Jordan

Ardez

ThePolarBearBrawler
Reaction score
Bought myself few days ago Style 2 HH HT in Chlorine burst. Absolutely love this thing, couldn't be happier with it. Owned a Pro Mod San Dimas in white when they first came out. I sold it quite quickly because I didn't get used to the floyd at all. Have missed it all these years, though. Now I'm happy again.

Reactions: fps

manu80

Reaction score
Nooooooooo ! are those stars ?
I saw one on a French forum last year and didn't have time to buy it was already gone (white one)
if one day you wanna get rid of one...

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Those warrior professionals were 24.75in right? Pretty much my perfect guitar other than not being Dinky shaped :lol:

Going to check out an old DK2M pro this weekend at an absurd price. If things work out I'll be on Japanese Jackson Pro #3 :sharpie:

manu80

Reaction score
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
Finally arrived !
3 weeks to get it !!!!! A bit of epic, package returned, seller's friend who was supposed to bring it from the south but no, then UPS who took its time, guy hard to reach, only Sms.......
It's there that's what matters !!!!
Pretty good state and cool looking ;)

Last edited:

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
View attachment 58760 View attachment 58759 Finally arrived !
3 weeks to get it !!!!! A bit of epic, package returned, seller's friend who was supposed to bring it from the south but no, then UPS who took its time, guy hard to reach, only Sms.......
It's there that's what matters !!!!
Pretty good state and cool looking ;)
That hot! If you don't mind me asking how much did you pick it up for?

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score
Uh, haven't posted in a couple of years, but this thread is relevant to my interests. May I present to you my current Jackson stable.

XvrM3.jpg

2015 JS11 Dinky
2016 JS32 King V
2007 DK2M Dinky
1998 DK2T Dinky

lddca.jpg

lEAr1.jpg

lE6N5.jpg

XvJPa.jpg

Group shot with my buddy's Jacksons. First four are mine, and then there's a late 90s Kelly Pro, hardtail Rhoads, 2016 SL3X Soloist, and a parted-together Dinky (with a Kelly Pro series neck).

XvCKQ.jpg

Throwing gang signs.

EDIT: I suck at images, I guess.

Last edited:

Latest posts

')