Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

1b4n3z

Reaction score
Time for my annual EMG dabble. Too much chrome? I may need to black this baby out at some point
40233997672_6282674231_b.jpg
25407733267_bab5954555_b.jpg

xzacx

Reaction score
Time for my annual EMG dabble. Too much chrome? I may need to black this baby out at some point

It is a lot of chrome, but it actually doesn't look bad. Maybe black pickup rings would tone it down just enough?

DeepSixed

Reaction score
Just did the trade, now i am on my way back home with it!
I was told Schecter necks were like baseball bats (lol), thick and uncomfy but thats b*llshit. Neck its actually very similar to my jackie, a little bit more round, i may even like it more.

The SLS (Slim Line Series) Schecters have thinner necks with a 12"-16" compound radius, the same as most Jacksons, so they feel pretty similar. My Blackjack SLS FR-S plays very similarly to my SLATHXMG 3-6.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have a minty fire crackle Predator they would like to sell?

giphy.gif

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
About to join the ranks. PM So Cal on the way from Sweetwater.

Do any of you guys have a recessed FR and are using, or have tried to use, a D-Tuna? I’m wondering if it will fit.

Edika

Reaction score
40233997672_6282674231_b.jpg
25407733267_bab5954555_b.jpg

I hate chrome hardware with a passion but they seem to work well in this guitar. Maybe black pickup wrings and tone knobs with a black tip and ring for the three way switch would balance it out as suggested.

dimebagfan01

Crunch Berry
Reaction score
So I may be getting my second ticket into the Charvel owners club this weekend! I'm going to check out a 3dr in rainbow crackle this weekend but the neck is half scalloped and its definitely not a pro job. Can anyone give me a good idea of how this would impact the value (if everything else is mint)?

awesomeaustin

hates neck pickups.
Contributor
Reaction score
So I may be getting my second ticket into the Charvel owners club this weekend! I'm going to check out a 3dr in rainbow crackle this weekend but the neck is half scalloped and its definitely not a pro job. Can anyone give me a good idea of how this would impact the value (if everything else is mint)?

Someone might be willing to overlook it given that you don't see a lot of them around. You could always look for replacement necks online too.

dimebagfan01

Crunch Berry
Reaction score
Someone might be willing to overlook it given that you don't see a lot of them around. You could always look for replacement necks online too.
Don't get me wrong, for the right price I would definitely pick it up. However, his posted price is more in line with what most people would pay for a pristine 3dr. As far as I'm concerned (when it comes to the value of the guitar), the neck is essentially worthless and I'm paying for a body and hardware. Do you think an offer in the ballpark of $300-350 would be fair?

awesomeaustin

hates neck pickups.
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, for the right price I would definitely pick it up. However, his posted price is more in line with what most people would pay for a pristine 3dr. As far as I'm concerned (when it comes to the value of the guitar), the neck is essentially worthless and I'm paying for a body and hardware. Do you think an offer in the ballpark of $300-350 would be fair?

Looking online I don’t see any going for under $500. I’m guessing if the guy scalloped the fretboard poorly and is still trying to get top dollar for it, he’s probably over-valuing it due to the rarity and cool retro factor.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Finally picked up a DK2M. Not totally sold on how it sounds right now, but it's also the first guitar I've owned without active pickups in 5 years so I think I'm just getting used to the passive pickup sound/feel.

25671764947_dbfc816b96_k.jpg

')