Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
Someone just listed a great condition flame top SL1 on Reverb for $800.....so I've got an SL1 coming again :lol:

I actually loved the SL1 I had a few years ago so this should be nice.

I saw that too. It looks like the floyd rose is just scratched up, but with a good cleaner that would be gone within seconds. It is a beauty, prob won't last long either

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
I saw that too. It looks like the floyd rose is just scratched up, but with a good cleaner that would be gone within seconds. It is a beauty, prob won't last long either
Yeah I couldn't pass it up honestly, a little TLC and it'll be great. Not a huge fan of the red with chrome hardware, may just swap it all with black which solves the issue of the trem being scratched up :lol:

I guess I'll wait and see what shape it's in once it's in my hands haha

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
Yeah I couldn't pass it up honestly, a little TLC and it'll be great. Not a huge fan of the red with chrome hardware, may just swap it all with black which solves the issue of the trem being scratched up :lol:

I guess I'll wait and see what shape it's in once it's in my hands haha

Post some pics of it and such! I would have gotten it, but I plan on getting a Pro series mick thomson guitar instead

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
New (to me) MIJ Pro Series 7-string on its way to me this week. NGD post incoming tomorrow or Tuesday! So pumped.

This'll be my 6th Jackson. I may have a problem :lol:

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score
You can never get enough jacksons! Just got my first USA 5 Months ago and I am planning to get a Pro Series Mick Thomson soloist in black in about 2 months or so! Stoaked af and will never get enough Jacksons!

I own four of them now, and I've definitely got the bug at this point. By far the best playing guitars I've owned so far. I'm not sure why I ignored them for so long, through my 17 years of playing guitar. With that said, all of mine have been acquired for stupid cheap. Couldn't be happier with them. If their cheap guitars play this good, I can only imagine how good their upper-tier USA stuff is.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
My 1990 Predator on Wed!!!

afbrxyylira72q8bg3t2.jpg

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Hopefully this pic shows up:
eEdheSWdeTIpY2535eJRwSCs1XI8KcAe9WqeffTm8WlvTV91L-l12EOXcQr9mVy3TSbuQu9qQR-MQKq8N7VLg_HYQ5cZ4mbAYuwZHnPpPXQwx4G65xzPqcE8nZ6Xyb7dTaUUPZcrqxyD7WPIiVoZcdSnW4BLpcNSXjQF1_0PTtvthXye31xr_a73BCYnnzpinggG4Nfvjs0tQD88wix7SIn6QJQt1r26UDZBE_Wwajh--iYCWa9uwJ3nLVv5OxxtZJHtLw9zZf4h0sJMwv9AwKj7uxFk292VVl7Xm9mRGZX1o1cLXRHg19brdf38dn3P2Vx82gS4fy2STFbQAJ1ZfYQlOIL8ZrRaX776bw_mENtXVPYJCQhpXaz3lD70vpjNWD-IE2hMxVLIODjn40RKq1p9sAdfoQoacTkVAFd5dJlknf9m5gB4BTHC5jCBuRS9u_SCcyJobJ1Qd3nYyJHVTIzXREuWLTBUmcjui1VCZ3ZmhZYg0tYND_qXSeZRQ_9l0teU6VIXAS1GTtDLuta-2XD9XhmcFFl9Wfxcj2gpxisxWqmLWmXG1rG29sHHXbaKAbcU16GgZqI1jfSVz1UjQCRqhu2zIYriGzM1ggQ=w485-h646-no

I never left the club because I have my Jackson HT6 Juggernaut but this puts me back in the traditional Jackson club :lol:

I got this for $750 after making an offer on Reverb which made me think it was going to show up in the worst shape in the world but nope :lol:.

The guy said it's an early 2000's model SL1 which seems about right. It's a LOT lighter than the SL1 I used to have, debating getting a hotter single for the neck but overall it's top tier as expected.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
I just picked up a Pred in Fire Crackle at a local GC. I'll post family pics of it, my Socal, and my Jackson DR whenever I pick it up this Saturday. I was blown away by the Pred's playability, what a damn beast!

Yeah the Predator is legit! The trem is the best I've ever used for flutter and vibrato... and I probably own at least one of every kind ever made at this point haha. And the stock pickups are fantastic for the 80s/90s/EVH type stuff. I think it's my new fav apartment shredder.

Definitely want to see some pics!!!

I used to not like these simple, natural, finishes. However, I've recently come around on them. It looks great!

Nothing wrong with natural finishes! :)

jackson v.JPG

Last edited:
')