Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

man jerk

Reaction score
8Ol55c.jpg

Glamour shot from today, when I made a post about how much I love Stringjoys. This is my most favorite guitar on the planet now. I've become quite attached to it.

I've got one just like it. Same Color and everything. The one complaint I have is I don't like the volume knob location. I've been meaning to pull the tone knob and move the volume know to it's space. It just is in the wrong spot for me. Otherwise a great workhorse.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
I've got one just like it. Same Color and everything. The one complaint I have is I don't like the volume knob location. I've been meaning to pull the tone knob and move the volume know to it's space. It just is in the wrong spot for me. Otherwise a great workhorse.

That's the only issue I have with Jacksons. Their default control placement is a headscratcher. I remove the tone control and relocate the volume there on all mine. There are nifty little plastic hole plugs that are exactly the right size to fit without looking bad.

Sollipsist

Reaction score
If it wasn't for the JS22-7, I probably wouldn't be here today (this forum, I mean. It didn't save my life or anything).

That cheap little factory-made POS is one of my favorite guitars. I've paid 5x as much for other guitars (even including the pickup swap, which is all it really needed) and got much less satisfaction.

For my first multiscale, there are a few relatively inexpensive options - Ibanez, Agile etc - but all I can think of is how I took a chance with a low-end Jackson, and how wonderfully it paid off.

The DKAF7 is kinda calling to me... anybody have any experience with it?

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score

Yeah, that's my only gripe as well. I moved volume down to the bottom, and the tone pot is bypassed and in the top, so it's just an inert knob. Granted, it's still physically in the way, but at least I'm no longer turning myself down while I'm playing.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score

Yeah, that's my only gripe as well. I moved volume down to the bottom, and the tone pot is bypassed and in the top, so it's just an inert knob. Granted, it's still physically in the way, but at least I'm no longer turning myself down while I'm playing.

Let me help you out here:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...ywords=nylon+hole+plugs&tag=sevenstringorg-20

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score
That's actually not a bad idea at all.

As far as the diameter - your best bet is to just pull the pot out and measure it. Wouldn't take long at all.

man jerk

Reaction score
That's the only issue I have with Jacksons. Their default control placement is a headscratcher. I remove the tone control and relocate the volume there on all mine. There are nifty little plastic hole plugs that are exactly the right size to fit without looking bad.

I have an SL2Q MAH and the volume know is just a little big closer to the bridge which give me just enough room for my hand.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Thanks for that! Any idea what size the hole is?

That's actually not a bad idea at all.

As far as the diameter - your best bet is to just pull the pot out and measure it. Wouldn't take long at all.
My DK2M and DXMG have metric pots but took a 5/16" pretty well. The USA pots are larger diameter and I don't have any more of those hole plugs lying around. For those I'd say either measure the pot, hole, or you can look up the size of the pot online. Should be standard CTS solid shaft pots on USA Select and customs.

1b4n3z

Reaction score
After a day of testing I am very impressed by this guitar. It's well done, plays extremely well, is light-weight and sounds great too. Didn't want to believe in the CS quality to reach that far above Select, but it's hard not to right now :)

WP_20180510_20_55_06_Pro.jpg

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Yessssss! That sunburst is tasty. Everyone orders them with the oil finished neck, not sure why they ever do anything else :lol:. Maple board soloists are hard to come by, you have a real special one there!

Is it just me, or is the USA Select series basically gone now? I never see them in stock anywhere. Probably it's essentially been replaced with Custom Select.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
So are 750XLs like huge money because Shawn Lane nerds hoard them?

MatiasTolkki

Burn In Agony
Reaction score
Pretty much. They're also just great-playing guitars and pretty old/hard to find by now.

Kinda like USA warriors. I'd KILL for a USA warrior, but the pickings are SOOOOO limited here in Japan... Basically everything is a soloist or an RR (dont get me wrong, my Charvel/Jackson CRR is INCREDIBLE). Thank you kanda shoukai, for fucking over the entire jackson market in Japan...

')