Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Kinda like USA warriors. I'd KILL for a USA warrior, but the pickings are SOOOOO limited here in Japan... Basically everything is a soloist or an RR (dont get me wrong, my Charvel/Jackson CRR is INCREDIBLE). Thank you kanda shoukai, for fucking over the entire jackson market in Japan...

Same here in Australia. Can find JS and X series for days but that's it. I was lucky to find mine. I'm actually considering just sucking up the stupid import costs and getting another one from the states because I highly doubt I'll find another USA WR1 here in Aus.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MatiasTolkki

Burn In Agony
Reaction score
Same here in Australia. Can find JS and X series for days but that's it. I was lucky to find mine. I'm actually considering just sucking up the stupid import costs and getting another one from the states because I highly doubt I'll find another USA WR1 here in Aus.

I mean i dont hate the soloist, it's a solid neck-thru super strat and plays like butter. The problem with Japan is that because of the distributor being a bunch of cunts, the used market prices are insane, even for the MIJ ones. That's why I'm looking at some of the other models like my Charvel/Jackson CRR, or maybe a cobran, as they are MIJ jackson without the jackson logo, and they dont demand the premium that Jackson labeled guitars do.

xzacx

Reaction score
Pretty much. They're also just great-playing guitars and pretty old/hard to find by now.

Yeah, I'm sure that adds to it, but I think the Les Paul-style specs are the main appeal for most people. If you want those in a super Strat form factor, it's pretty much the best option I know of.

Ironbird666

Reaction score
Took me a while but I finally got around to taking a few family pics. I have a 92 Jackson DR, a "90ish" Charvel Predator, and a 2015 SoCal. The Predator was listed as a 90 when I picked it up but I've been unable to verify the actual date personally. I had to use the media gallery, my computer was being weird about the picture sizes and I don't have time to deal with it. haha

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score
I love that stone finish Dinky! A guy on the Jackson Owners Group Forum on FB just got one (that wasn't you, was it?). In fact, it's his second one in a few weeks. The first one arrived with a broken headstock, damaged from shipping. He ended up sending it back and scoring another one shortly after.

Ironbird666

Reaction score
I love that stone finish Dinky! A guy on the Jackson Owners Group Forum on FB just got one (that wasn't you, was it?). In fact, it's his second one in a few weeks. The first one arrived with a broken headstock, damaged from shipping. He ended up sending it back and scoring another one shortly after.

No, it wasn't me. I've had this one since 2010 I believe, somewhere along those lines. Mine had a damaged headstock from shipping as well ironically enough. Fedex wanted to send it back to the factory and ship me a new one. It wasn't a pleasant dealing with them honestly.

It's a beast though. Killer playing guitar and much warmer tonally than I expected. I've had much better results with brighter pickups, such as a DD or the BW in it currently, than some of my other choices.

Possessed

Reaction score
41556842714_10cc35787a_b.jpg

Just got her today :cheers:

Possessed

Reaction score
I kinda regret selling my Govan. I'm sure I'll get another one eventually, and seeing great shots like this makes me think it'll be sooner than later.

Me the same, so i bought the second one. No regrets! :)

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
The GG sig is pretty sweet. I played one last week and was impressed. Not sure if it's for me, but definitely well made. I'm always skeptical of trems without a locking/roller nut.

I built a partscaster with a Wilkinson, lsr roller nut, and cheap locking tuners which held tuning as well as my Floyds, but no other trem guitar without a locking nut I've played had held up as well. That's including the $3k JP Sig's, etc.

Possessed

Reaction score
Was your first one the original version? Anything you like better or worse about this one?

Yes, my first one was made in 2015. As for the comparison, my new one has much better top than my first one. I bought my first one second hand though. The new one's body finish also has more raw feeling. I guess it is because the extra satin finish on it. My first one feels much smoother. But you can scratch it very easy. So far i think the new one is more robust against the scratches. I just setup my guitar without leaving any scratches :) Besides the grow in the dark dots and knobs are very fun to watch when switching off the light :D
As for the downside, i have noticed that the figuring of the neck is weaker on the new one than the older ones. It only shows up under the light or particular angle. Rest of them are very similar, the weights are also almost the same.

Possessed

Reaction score
The GG sig is pretty sweet. I played one last week and was impressed. Not sure if it's for me, but definitely well made. I'm always skeptical of trems without a locking/roller nut.

I built a partscaster with a Wilkinson, lsr roller nut, and cheap locking tuners which held tuning as well as my Floyds, but no other trem guitar without a locking nut I've played had held up as well. That's including the $3k JP Sig's, etc.

I have experimented a lot with trems of Charvel GG and Suhrs. They can keep in tone only if the trem's movement in not intensive. For playing dive bomb or trem techniques like satriani or vai, the locking nut is a must!

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've posted here! Here's the fam:

2006 SL2H, 2015 CS Soloist, 2010 SLAT3-7, 2007 DK2M, 2004 DXMG

The SL2H and DXMG could use refrets, aside from my preference for stainless steel, they've been the most played.

SL2H is basically stock (aside from removing the tone knob and relocating the volume, but I do that to all of them except the CS where all the controls were moved), but I'm planning on that stainless steel refret, and perhaps satinizing the neck. CS Soloist has an oil finished neck and the Duncan Custom and Sentient pickups, SLAT3-7 is stock, DK2M has the Duncan Distortion set and a Gotoh Floyd Rose, the DXMG has the 81/85 set (it came with passive EMGs) and a Gotoh Floyd as well.

Last edited:

Stemp Fester

Reaction score
I have an SLSMG on which I would like to replace the factory machine heads with locking tuners - does anyone know of a set (3+3) that will drop in without any need for drilling?

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've posted here! Here's the fam:

2006 SL2H, 2015 CS Soloist, 2010 SLAT3-7, 2007 DK2M, 2004 DXMG

The SL2H and DXMG could use refrets, aside from my preference for stainless steel, they've been the most played.

You have beautiful children, sir. Well done.

DK2M Master Race :banana:

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
I have an SLSMG on which I would like to replace the factory machine heads with locking tuners - does anyone know of a set (3+3) that will drop in without any need for drilling?

I think Jackson's OEM for all hardware is Gotoh. Look to them?

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Unsure of what the OEM gear is but can confirm I've sucessfully installed Gotoh locking tuners on most of my Jacksons without needing to modify the guitar

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score
I dunno if they are Gotoh, honestly. If there is one thing that is a bit lacking on the production Jacksons, it's their tuners. I've found a lot of them to be garbage, which isn't like Gotoh. But I could be wrong, though. Regardless, knowing that Gotohs are direct drop-in replacements, that's pretty neat.

Latest posts

')