Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
This is good...

Charvel goodness.JPG

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've posted here! Here's the fam:

2006 SL2H, 2015 CS Soloist, 2010 SLAT3-7, 2007 DK2M, 2004 DXMG

The SL2H and DXMG could use refrets, aside from my preference for stainless steel, they've been the most played.

SL2H is basically stock (aside from removing the tone knob and relocating the volume, but I do that to all of them except the CS where all the controls were moved), but I'm planning on that stainless steel refret, and perhaps satinizing the neck. CS Soloist has an oil finished neck and the Duncan Custom and Sentient pickups, SLAT3-7 is stock, DK2M has the Duncan Distortion set and a Gotoh Floyd Rose, the DXMG has the 81/85 set (it came with passive EMGs) and a Gotoh Floyd as well.

DXMGs are built like tanks! My DXMG is my main player even though I have the US.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
DXMGs are built like tanks! My DXMG is my main player even though I have the US.
This is true!

I got mine used in high school. Despite it being only a year or so old it already had dents in the body and the trem posts had pulled slightly out due to the previous owner :lol:. Luckily I take care of my stuff and it's performed well for me ever since.

It's kind of funny that when they were in production it was considered a lower tier than the DK2. It was built in the same factory but sold for a good bit less (X Series) and were dirt cheap on the used market. I love my DK2M, but that DXMG is just as well built.

awake69

Reaction score
It actually plays extremely well. I had it professionally set up with 10's to beef it up a bit (9's don't cut it for me anymore) and I keep it about a half step down. The neck is nearly Ibby Wizard thin.
I have been critical of the recent x-series offerings, but this warrior looks classy! How's it play?

MatiasTolkki

Burn In Agony
Reaction score
It actually plays extremely well. I had it professionally set up with 10's to beef it up a bit (9's don't cut it for me anymore) and I keep it about a half step down. The neck is nearly Ibby Wizard thin.

Nice, another Eb tuning fan :D We are a rare breed nowadays :(

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
Looking at my next Soloist build and am thinking about going with a bevel. What are your thoughts, all? Disregard the 8 string part/monster headstock!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

xzacx

Reaction score
I don't like the bevel personally, but I think you're going to have a hard time getting that made even if you want it. Unless something has changed, they haven't been taking masterbuilt orders in a while, and I've never seen them make body modifications like that in the Custom Select program.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't like the bevel personally, but I think you're going to have a hard time getting that made even if you want it. Unless something has changed, they haven't been taking masterbuilt orders in a while, and I've never seen them make body modifications like that in the Custom Select program.

I got "Try again in 12 months" for mine when I tried ordering last month.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
I got "Try again in 12 months" for mine when I tried ordering last month.
My local dealer told me recently that this started due to NAMM and artist backlog in addition to the insane wait times ordinary people were dealing with. He expected them to open things back up once the wait times for customers were at a year or so. That's what the suits determined to be "reasonable." Part of the reason why Joe Williams was upgraded to master builder status as well.

I thought the idea was for custom selects to take some heat off the custom shop, but because they've more or less replaced the USA Select series (when was the last time you saw a new stock USA Select Jackson for sale?) it's actually just capturing people who would probably buy a stock USA Select and giving the custom shop more work :lol:

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
pft. i tried to do a custom warrior february this year and no go there. jackson feels like a boutique builder now. lol

I hate how your only non-masterbuilt options for USA 7 at the moment are either stupidly expensive sigs or the B series which IMO are boring as fuck.

xzacx

Reaction score
I hate how your only non-masterbuilt options for USA 7 at the moment are either stupidly expensive sigs or the B series which IMO are boring as fuck.

It really sucks. I’ve been on the verge of buying the Pro Series WR7 for this exact reason, but just keep holding out that some Custom Shop 7 that I like will pop up used. (There’s a Canadian dealer with a USA WR7 left, but it’s asking an unrealistic price and I actually like the look of the Pro Series better - I can’t stand the visible neck-thru stripe. For that money, I want to spec it myself or at least actually like how it looks.) I have a USA Broderick and love it other than the fact it’s roughly 12 pounds. The other current USA options aren’t of interest to me because they’re longer scale and/or bolt-ons.

Someone has a Death Warrior up in the marketplace that I’d probably take if I didn’t hate the inlays. I’m really kicking myself for selling a couple Custom Shops I used to have now that after 20 years of trying I’m actually regularly playing 7s. I might end up just trying to find a lighter Broderick because it’s one of the best guitars I’ve ever owned aside from being so heavy.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Even in ebay or reverb, the prices of the custom shops are jacked up compared to when you order it yourself. The last custom I had was ordered late 2015. It appeared 1st quarter 2017. And it had the usual black paint. Not even crazy specs.

Latest posts

')