Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

Wyvern Claw

Reaction score
Hey, I have the Dinky version! :hbang:

P1030609.jpg

P1030607.jpg

Beautiful, I love this Nebula finishes. I was stoked to find one on an RR1 when I bought mine, never really seen that. And although it was used, it was dead mint when I bought it (and still is), so I saved a ton of cash on that one.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dr_game0ver

Reaction score

aawshred

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm a Charvel/Fender endorsed artist and just found out about this thread, thought I'd start uploading some pics of my Charvels. This is my trans-blue Desolation with Lace Deathbuckers, tell me what you think!

14ili61.jpg

Knyas

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm a Charvel/Fender endorsed artist and just found out about this thread, thought I'd start uploading some pics of my Charvels. This is my trans-blue Desolation with Lace Deathbuckers, tell me what you think!

14ili61.jpg

Could do with a few more pictures than that dude.

Overtone

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure only the earliest neckthru Jacksons from 1983-84 didn't have scarf joints--that was because they had three-piece laminated necks. As soon as they went to one-piece necks in late '84, they went to scarf joints, AFAIK.

Good to know! I remember I went to a special thing at a shop in Houston where they talked about the neck-thru guitars and the emphasis on why it was less economical to use quarter sawn maple the way they do, but better... and I guess that gave me the impression that they were one piece the whole way through.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Good to know! I remember I went to a special thing at a shop in Houston where they talked about the neck-thru guitars and the emphasis on why it was less economical to use quarter sawn maple the way they do, but better... and I guess that gave me the impression that they were one piece the whole way through.

Scarf joints are a money-saving thing. It's a lot cheaper to cut the headstock separately and glue it on. It has the added benefit of being a stronger join than a one-piece neck/headstock construction. Since Jackson doesn't use volutes, this is nice to have.

bluevoodoo

sanity assassin
Reaction score
Yesterday I've bought my first made in USA Jackson ever :) Jackson's always been my favourite brand of electric guitars, and had a bunch of import models before, but I've felt the time has come to turn to more serious guitars :) (Though I loved the old Professional series.) Here's a couple o' teaser picz until I'll get my hands on the guitar (it's on the way from Germany):

472211_4849596482996_956990584_o.jpg

622675_4849598283041_2068608510_o.jpg

177214_4849597043010_703473379_o.jpg

bluevoodoo

sanity assassin
Reaction score
Cool! A PC-1 in trans-black! Congrats!

Thx! Yes, a pre-Fender buyout PC-1 in almost mint condition (made in presumably between 1997 and 2000, as from 2001, PC-1's have the 3-knob control layout, and this Dinky-style guitar replaced the singlecut PC model in 1997). I've always loved the Phil Collen models, and being a big Adrian Smith fan since my childhood, I could hardly decide between the Adrian Smith signature and this one, but the 24-fret neck tilted the balance towards the PC-1. :) I'm really excited to get my hands on the guitar :)

Vede

Reaction score
Custom Shop Charvel Desolation. Received it in the mail last week and it's quickly become one of my absolute favorites.

2-1.jpg

6.jpg

Charvelbody_zps1b15e313.jpg

CharvelBack_zpscb970315.jpg

Reaction score
Here is my main axe, the Rhoads Pro '90 in my favourite finish! :metal:

Hope to get another Jackson soon (I'd like it with fixed bridge). Looking for green-beveled Kevin Bond Rhoads signature right now. Has anyone got it here?
:hbang:

')