Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

yan12

Reaction score
Nice Dinky...I just found a usa custom shop dinky with reverse matching headstock...It is more recent production, I think 2014 or so. I have not seen too many reverse matching headstock dinkys with bound boards over the years, but was wondering if that's just me or if they are somewhat rare. The other odd feature is a non-routed floyd, it is top mounted for dive only...barely any upward pull. Thanks to anyone that can chime in!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ClownShoes

Reaction score
New one! 1996 custom Dinky.
Got time to shoot a bad pic of all my Jacksons. From left, 86 Soloist, 2018 Soloist, 2014 Soloist and 1996 Dinky
IMG_20200813_191544.jpg
The quilts on those are incredible, looks like something you'd see on a Suhr/PRS.

Corporial Bodies

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I couldn't say, the neck isn't as flat as my schecter c7 hellraiser. Its definitely c shape but quite thin, thinner than the schecter id say, doesnt feel meaty or chunky to me, tbh its probably my favourite out of all other guitars I've tried.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They're pretty rare but FWIW, it's stars, so it's the Japanese budget line from the 90s/00s. I've heard generally good things about them, but no hands-on experience IIRC. I'd probably grab it for the $650 it is locally, but then fretwork and bodywork are super expensive here so it'd probably be $2k by the time it's all said and done.

Not really a budget line - these were a special run for Ikebe in the '00s, I believe. Noodles here used to own a Soloist from that line, and it was a damn good guitar. You usually see them in black, so this one may be a refin.

The price is fair for this condition, and the rarity of the piece, IMO.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've posted my guitar in other threads before, but never in the actual Jackson owners' thread. It's a 2017 Custom Select Kelly that's the absolute best guitar I've laid my hands on.

Specs:
Alder body
Maple neck
Ebony Fretboard
Quilted maple top
Transparent black finish (back of the body and neck are solid black)
Schaller locking tuners
Bare Knuckle Painkiller and Cold Sweat Pickups (originally Duncan JB and Jazz, as you can see in the first picture.)
View attachment 83592View attachment 83593

Not only is that guitar pretty, but the album in your avatar is great!

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Scored one of these today! MIJ DK2M, frets freshly crowned and polished, really nice condition.

k9ay9bbq3f8zxj46g.jpg

Killer guitars. I really should pick one up, even though I need another superstrat like I need a hole in the head. :lol:

Kwert

Reaction score
Killer guitars. I really should pick one up, even though I need another superstrat like I need a hole in the head. :lol:

You must really need a hole in the head then ;).

I have a love affair with MIJ Jacksons but I'm still always amazed with just how awesomely they play. This guitar plays like butter - crazy good value. Just waiting for the day these early 2000s Jackson skyrocket in price too...

Latest posts

')