Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow, is that plate fake. Otherwise it's identical to my '94 Dinky XL. If you take it apart the neck and body will likely be dated, but it's probably '94-'95 after they took the Schaller off of these and went to the 580LP. At least the bridge and pickups are already swapped.

I have one of those plates for a Charvel parts mutt, so as long as the person didn't try and sell it as a USA...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DimMak

Reaction score
Wow, is that plate fake. Otherwise it's identical to my '94 Dinky XL. If you take it apart the neck and body will likely be dated, but it's probably '94-'95 after they took the Schaller off of these and went to the 580LP. At least the bridge and pickups are already swapped.

I have one of those plates for a Charvel parts mutt, so as long as the person didn't try and sell it as a USA...
He did not try and represent it as a USA. The question then becomes, why swap the plate? Makes me a touch nervous but well see when it gets here.

DimMak

Reaction score

Could you post a pic of your guitar and it's plate for reference?

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Can't imagine the neck dive on that. You'd need a strap made out of those barbed choker dog collar links so it can dig into your skin instead of slipping.
Word. The neck dive on my Arrow 7-string is quite significant and the body is a lot bigger.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I just recently learned the neck dive remedy is to tie a knot in your strap, stick a carabiner in the knot, clip it to a belt loop. I think there's a more stylish way out there but this sure is easy.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I just recently learned the neck dive remedy is to tie a knot in your strap, stick a carabiner in the knot, clip it to a belt loop. I think there's a more stylish way out there but this sure is easy.
My cousin bought an OG chameleon xiphos when they first came out. It wouldn't stop neck diving and he refused to move the strap buttons. We loaded the control cavities with fishing weights and that didn't help. We wound up taking a couple hundred dollars worth of quarters and taping them up into a huge ball of duct tape and hanging it from the rear strap button like truck nutz and that stopped the neck diving.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Probably the best band-aid against neck dive was the method @Rex taught me. Fill a cloth wristband with weights and hang it from the lower end of the strap. This way it pushes down right where it needs.

I did it with a wristband that already had a zipper pocket on it, so it worked a treat. If not you can just make a hole on it and sew it later.

However, extreme cases of diving are hard to cure, and they always involve a massive increase in weight. My bass player has one of these POS Kiss Axe basses and it had to have a huge slab of metal attached at the bottom to be useable live. He rarely ever uses it anymore due to the weight of the thing.

I had to Google the word "carabiner", because that's what a carabinero is for me and I had a good laugh imagining the whole thing: :rofl:

carabineros-marisco-huelva.jpg

Last edited:
')