Jackson Chris Broderick vs Schecter Jeff Loomis

BDW2703

Reaction score
Jackson Chris Broderick signature 7 string or Schecter Jeff Loomis JL7?
What would you choose? which is the better guitar?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'd say the Loomis. Korean vs Indonesia, Floyd Rose 1k vs Floyd Rose Special. And this is a taste thing, but I think the 26.5'' will help for lower tunings, and I prefer the EMG 57/66 set over the pickups in the Broderick, which i THINK are based off D-Activators?

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
My take is that when you compare a Schecter with a guitar of the same price range, the Schecter ALWAYS comes out as a winner.
I'm not a huge Schecter fanboy (I would be an Ibanez fanboy) but the bang for bucks that you get out of a Schecter is second to none.

Jujex

Reaction score
I have played both, don't let the Indonesian built fool you, every Jackson pro I've put my hands on has impressed me. Specially the new Monarkh Pros. Dare to say, a lot of them are better than many of the older Japanese ones.
I like the look of the Loomis more but the Broderick plays and feels better. Drawback is that it comes in 2 solid colors and The neck is beefy, C shaped.

rampant

Reaction score
See, the indonesian guitars I've played recently (jacksons) have all been beyond amazing, especially for the price. I'd take them over the korean guitars any day.

I think that for the same price, the Indonesian will be better. You get more skilled labor per $ in indonesia than korea by far.

If you don't believe me, go play a Jackson JS32 and realize it's under 300 and has carbon fiber rods in the neck. And binding. It's crazy.

rampant

Reaction score
I have played both, don't let the Indonesian built fool you, every Jackson pro I've put my hands on has impressed me. Specially the new Monarkh Pros. Dare to say, a lot of them are better than many of the older Japanese ones.
I like the look of the Loomis more but the Broderick plays and feels better. Drawback is that it comes in 2 solid colors and The neck is beefy, C shaped.

I'm curious about the monarkh pro. Very, very curious. What is the neck shape like? standard jackson or thicker and more LP-ish?

Jujex

Reaction score
I'm curious about the monarkh pro. Very, very curious. What is the neck shape like? standard jackson or thicker and more LP-ish?

It's thinner much thinner, I think even thinner than my SLS3 and the action and fretwork was incredible! I really loved it. very comfortable to play.

I myself am one of those people who think that if a guitar is not USA or Japan or custom made no matter how good it is I feel like it's not quite worth getting but these indonesian built Jacksons are all fantastic.

I have played a Broderick 7, DKA7, Monarkh Pro, KVMG and both of the new RRs.
THey are all much better than all the Japanese Jacksons I've played except for the SLSs and maybe SL3s cause I never had the chance to play those( the higher end japanese models).

My problem is I don't know which one to pick! Now that the SL7 pro is what I go for but I prefer a hipshot for 7. A floyd is a hassle as it is and on a 7 is just too much.

RuiNs777

Reaction score
I have never played the Broderick, but the Loomis is one of the best guitars in its price range. Its well made, comfortable and has really nice specs. It has a nice feel to it and is very resonant. I'd recommend.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd do the Broderick just because it's 25.5". Or I'd wait and get one of the new SL7s.

')