Jackson D?7 before and after a few mods!!!!

• Thread starter musicman2879
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitarbuilder93

Bad Day...
Reaction score
Those blackouts really look smart with that finish. It just makes it so much classier IMO. That thing is gonna be bitchin' all said and done!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Demanufacture

Reaction score
what are those things called on the neck.
there not lock nuts those are for tremolo guitars
its on the neck the thing the strings go in to for hardtails
is it a saddle?

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That is the coolest finish on those. Nicely done with the blackouts too. Looks slick. :metal:

musicman2879

Reaction score
what are those things called on the neck.
there not lock nuts those are for tremolo guitars
its on the neck the thing the strings go in to for hardtails
is it a saddle?

The nut!!

Thanks all.. i am now waiting for a long time to finish it due to the hurricane messing everything up..

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
I like it a lot. Very cool. I would love to see a white body on with a big Punisher graphic on it! Binding looks great. Nice work.

musicman2879

Reaction score
They say copper shielding works the best.. i use the copper tape from stew-mac.. Its got conductive glue so you dont have to solder..

musicman2879

Reaction score
ok.... It has been over 2 weeks waiting for the tusq nut and saddles.... (From Graphtech) I ordered the 1st of september
I am only getting the nut cause they first did not put my apartment number on the shipment, so it was returned to them and they didnt notice till Monday the 22nd that they messed up.. Only cause I called them... They did not add the saddles to my order, did not apologize for their mistakes, never returned my emails or calls from a week ago....

Horrible customer support.... I am not pleased with them at all.... so i wont be getting the White bone saddles.... makes me Very sad... They are the only place I know of that carries them...... nut is supposed to be here today so when it does i will finish this shredding machine and post finished pics.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
A few months back when I was ordering all the parts for my OLP project I e-mailed Graphtech to see if they might be able to help me figure out which nut and saddles I needed to order. They never even replied to me. If they didn't know they could have just told me that, but how does a company expect to sell parts if they won't even return e-mails?

musicman2879

Reaction score
thanks guys

I Agree
A few months back when I was ordering all the parts for my OLP project I e-mailed Graphtech to see if they might be able to help me figure out which nut and saddles I needed to order. They never even replied to me. If they didn't know they could have just told me that, but how does a company expect to sell parts if they won't even return e-mails?

TripleFan

Rev. 0.1
Contributor
Reaction score
Horrible customer support.... I am not pleased with them at all.... so i wont be getting the White bone saddles.... makes me Very sad... They are the only place I know of that carries them...... nut is supposed to be here today so when it does i will finish this shredding machine and post finished pics.

Very strange! :scratch:
I experienced the exact opposite. When I recently messed up the installation of my Ghost system they went out of their way to help me out to give me all the necessary info and even hooked me up with free spare parts for the wiring I messed up!
They responded to my mails within a day sometimes even within hours! :bowdown:

Just wanted to share. BTT.

seven_stringer

Reaction score
I got helpful replies from GraphTech's tech department also. I didn't even buy the Ghost system that I was requesting the information on or anything else for what it's worth. I hope to get it when cash falls from a tree.

musicman2879

Reaction score
well i didnt get the nut but i did get a small catalog from them...3 weeks ago ordered the nut and just got a catalog so far- Sucks hardcore.. been almost 3 months since i played a seven.......

musicman2879

Reaction score
Well what a waste of my time.. i got this so called bone nut and its the exact same plastic crap that was already on my axe...... i waited 3 weeks for nothing... $20 down the drain.... Anyone want a so called man made ivory nut for a Carvin or jackson 7???? LOL.... I am putting the strings and old nut back on it... Update pics will be up later..

Well went to go get some things from the local music shop and they had a White Schecter HellRaiser c7 w/trem, but not just any trem it was,, NO.. It had a ZR trem fabbed to it..

They said a guy paid to have it shipped to a luthier in Cali and have the ZR installed and 2 months after he got it he brought it in and used it as a trade on Some kind of 8 string...

Well its the cost of a new one and its the current model .. hes only had it about 4 months.... Needless to say, I am buying it and probably going to trade this one in towards it or sell this one with the hardcase to get it paid off... but here are updated pics....

91f94781.jpg

a4fef4c9.jpg
252d1d74.jpg

ea2392e1.jpg

7dca2386.jpg

0bc470ea.jpg

5b2e1a6b.jpg

aed3a5e1.jpg

df6b49ba.jpg

')