Jackson DK Modern HT7 vs Schecter C-7 SLS Elite

• Thread starter causeunknown
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a 7 string when was looking in the ~$1,500 range. I've narrowed it down to the Jackson and the Schecter. I was looking for a 26.5 scale with some decent pickups and these two met all the criteria. I know the Jackson is new and I haven't really been able to find any reviews on it yet, but i'm very intrigued. I've only every owned a few Ibanez guitars over the years and I'm not really too familiar with other guitar brands, so i'm looking to get some feedback.

What do you think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Carl Kolchak

Last of the famous international playboys
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a 7 string when was looking in the ~$1,500 range. I've narrowed it down to the Jackson and the Schecter. I was looking for a 26.5 scale with some decent pickups and these two met all the criteria. I know the Jackson is new and I haven't really been able to find any reviews on it yet, but i'm very intrigued. I've only every owned a few Ibanez guitars over the years and I'm not really too familiar with other guitar brands, so i'm looking to get some feedback.

What do you think?
For that money I think you can find something better (MIA/MIJ) used like a Kiesel or an Ibby Prestige.

Reaction score
For that money I think you can find something better (MIA/MIJ) used like a Kiesel or an Ibby Prestige.

i do love my ibanez prestige, but the main thing is that i want a hardtail. I'm kicking myself because i forgot to mention that in my previous post as a requirement. if i could get the RGD3127 with a fixed bridge that would be the most ideal even though I don't love the pickups. i've heard a lot of inconsistent things about Kiesel, so i'm a little hesitant to go in that direction.

Carl Kolchak

Last of the famous international playboys
Reaction score
i do love my ibanez prestige, but the main thing is that i want a hardtail. I'm kicking myself because i forgot to mention that in my previous post as a requirement. if i could get the RGD3127 with a fixed bridge that would be the most ideal even though I don't love the pickups. i've heard a lot of inconsistent things about Kiesel, so i'm a little hesitant to go in that direction.

Fixed bridge + 26.5" scale @ $600
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338014327&icep_item=274107562172

I own one of these myself. Has an Ibanez-esque feeling neck (thin D-shape), and sounds good in lower tunings.

mbardu

Reaction score

If you are in the US, ordering a Kiesel with standard options is a pretty low risk/high return proposition. Just make sure not to pick any non-returnable options, and for 1500, you have tons of choice to build it to your liking- and a very good chance to get a guitar that plays like the very best in the market. If you don't like, send it back for a return with 0 drama (reason why it's better to not pick any non-returnable options on a first try).

If that's not something you'd like to wait for (build times are ~2 months roughly), the Schecter Elites are great choices. Not quite the level of finish and quality of things like fretwork as Kiesel, but still absolutely excellent- with great great pickups to boot. Just don't pay 1500$ for one- the Banshee Elite can easily be had for <800 used, the SLS Elite under 900.

Jackson is really the one I'd try last.

Last edited:
')