Ibanez RG752fx vs Jackson DKa7

• Jackson DKA7

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Ibanez RG752fx

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters

Braydenroqs

Reaction score
Can't decide between the two, Jackson has the edge on price, but not quite sure if I should just pay the extra 200 for the Ibby then another 200ish on new pickups. Any input would be greatly appreciated

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Yousef

Reaction score
The quality of the Pretige will be worth the cash. Also, the RG752fx has Dimarzio pickups in it already, and even though they're PAF's which are known to be a bit less powerful than other metal style pickups, they're still going to sound incredible. Give them a try before factoring in a pickup change.

Braydenroqs

Reaction score
Thanks. I have yet to understand why Ibanez's ERG's are praised so highly. I haven't played any prestige models, but I have played a few 7421's and Iron Labels (not a fan of floyds) and They are alright I guess, but maybe the prestige will change my mind.

MethDetal

Reaction score
i have owned both and there is a reason that i ony have the dka7 anymore. for the price you will be hard pressed to find a guitar that will compete with the dka7. use the money you save for pickups and strap locks and you will be way better off.

Reaction score
I just recently got the 752fx, it is very nice, the pickups not so much. The Jackson has distortion 7's, that is a plus, but I went with the Ibanez because I didn't want to take a chance on the quality and I am glad I did, it was perfect when I got it. I also have a Schecter sls c-7, but I had to send the first one back because of paint defects in the neck. No such problems with the Ibanez. Tough choice, man, but I think you will be good either way!

Braydenroqs

Reaction score
Thanks for all the answers guys. Honestly I've been leaning towards the jackson, but the one thing that the Ibby has that i really wanted was the 5 way toggle switch for all those extra tones. Im also really bummed that Ibanez doesnt make a 26.5" scale with a 5 way toggle and fixed bridge on their higher up guitars. Thats a real bummer.

')