Jackson DKA7 Satin White mods to match Dingwall Combustion

• Thread starter DingwallDingus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DingwallDingus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I have a Jackson DKA7 in the Satin White. I want it to match this Dingwall Combustion that I have done hardware mods and installed a custom pickguard on. I have ordered a gold kill switch replacement to get rid of the ugly red pimple but is there anything else I can do to make them match outside of gold hardware or God forbid a new set of d activators with gold pole pieces?

Here is the bass.
20200509_193559.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DingwallDingus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Against gold hardware because I think it would look gaudy, I'm all for the gold pole pieces but I would probably just buy new pickups while I'm at it that would fit the look and to try. Open to suggestions.Thanks!

Here is the guitar.
received_167879031246121.jpeg

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Does it already have locking tuners? Some Hipshot or similar black & gold tuners would looks good, as would potentially swapping in gold saddles but leave the bridge baseplate black.

DingwallDingus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Does it already have locking tuners? Some Hipshot or similar black & gold tuners would looks good, as would potentially swapping in gold saddles but leave the bridge baseplate black.
Yeah, it has the planet waves locking tuners which look good in gold too, but it appears that getting my hands on a 7 string set would be a pain in the ass potentially.

I saw a bridge that was gold but with some black accents that maybe would look good.

DingwallDingus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Alright. I figured out my plan. I'm just gonna get a black strandberg boden 7 at some point and wait until they have gold hardware replacement as an option.

')