Jackson DKA8 further delayed in UK - Dec 2013?

leavethatmonkey

Quiet observer.
Reaction score
Hey all. Long time reader, first time posting! I was hoping my first post would be a NGD for a pretty little black number, but I thought I'd share my experience with anyone out there who's interested.

I ordered a DKA8 at the start of April from Andertons in the UK, with an estimated release date of Mid April, to be my first 8 string. April came and went, and so did May. I contacted the store who said they were only receiving 3 of the guitars (I was surprised how "limited" an edition this actually was!) and that the guitar would arrive from Jackson in late July. To cut a long story short - it didn't, and I was told late August/early september.

I called them today to check if anything was definite yet, and was told their estimate on the DKA8 is now December 2013! The operator at Andertons told me that this didn't necessarily mean a release date of December, but more likely that there were production issues and they had no idea when the physical product would be available. In my mind waiting 5 months for a production guitar is long enough, let alone 9, so I promptly asked for a refund.

TL,DR - No Jackson DKA8s for the UK for the foreseeable future, and all of you guys on the board who already have one elsewhere should count yourselves extremely lucky!

If the Slat X Series doesn't suffer the same fate I might pick up one of those as my first ERG, but Jacksons left a slightly sour taste in the mouth. Otherwise it's the Iron Label 8 that I coulda picked up 5 months ago... Oh well!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tssb

Reaction score
sorry to hear about the turn-out. Have you tried thomann.de ? they have the dka8 on file : link

downburst82

Reaction score
Ive been having a similar issue waiting on a js22-7, its just going to be a cheap guitar for modding so its not a big deal but I had allready been waiting several months and was just told last week November or decemeber :/ They also vaguely said something about producton issues and that it would be affecting a few other models ( they specifically mentioned the js32-8Q, the DKA8 and another one I forgot)

I have seen some js32-8Q out there allready, as well as some dka8's...so they have made some. It would be interesting to know what happened to slow production down so much?

Since im only waiting on a cheap guitar another few months isnt that big a deal, but it is kind of annoying though that the dates have been pushed back 3 times now I think?

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm one of the biggest Jackson fans out there, heck I'm coming up to 19 months in for my Jackson custom and have a Slatxmg3-7 currently. I don't know what the hell is up with the company but I think something is seriously wrong when production models are taking half a year or more for availability. I've fallen off the Jackson wagon recently after seeing all this. There are so many other awesome guitars out there why wait several months for an Indonesian Jackson?? Mine has some issues that don't affect playability (fret spurring) but it's enough to raise an eyebrow as I've never once had this before in my 21 years of playing - and others have had fret spurring and posted about it. Why not look at something else?

Rev.

Reaction score
In Spain they told me in August but the guitar dealer phoned Jackson and they say that the DKA8 will arrive like in 2 weeks. Sorry to hear about that, hope mine's not that delayed!

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
Myself and a few others seem to have really lucked out when it comes to actually receiving these things. Be patient man, they're worth the wait.

')