Jackson J22-7 Compound Radius

TidusX

Reaction score
I swear I'm going nuts with this one...

Basically, I bought a Jackson JS22-7 a year ago, but through the serial number I could see that the guitar was made in 2015. Before I bought it, there was conflicting reports on whether it had a straight 16'' radius or a 12" to 16" compound radius. Apparently, in the Jackson website it now says it has compound radius (but when I bought it it said 16").

I don't have any tools to confirm it on mine, so could anyone who has this particular model please measure their fretboard radius at the 1st fret and tell me whether it is 16 or 12"(from the compound radius), and also the year in the serial number?

Thanks in advance!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxAidingAres

Reaction score
I had the satin black js 22-7 and it was a straight 16” radius. Idk if it’s changed or not

gujukal

Reaction score
You should probably be able to see if the radius changes gradually or is just the same through the whole neck.

TidusX

Reaction score
You should probably be able to see if the radius changes gradually or is just the same through the whole neck.

I tried that, but it gives off the impression that it really is just 16" all the way. I was looking for confirmation on someone else's part.

You should be able to tell by looking at it. Out of curiosity why are you asking?

I'm trying to understand if Jackson only started in 2018 making them with compound radius (on their website it says the JS22-7 has compound radius). I remember back when I bought it, the website showed 16" radius.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand if Jackson only started in 2018 making them with compound radius (on their website it says the JS22-7 has compound radius). I remember back when I bought it, the website showed 16" radius.
I always thought this was one thing that separated the JS22 from 32, 32s had the compound radius. I could be wrong though.

')