Jackson KE7 on Ebay

• Thread starter metalfiend666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
So, THAT'S a lead guitar. Always wondered what a lead guitar was. Always thought that lead guitar and rhythm guitar were just things you did on the same instrument...

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Look at it closely, it has duncan designed lol

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a big Jackson player, but I wouldn't ever play one of these. Six string Kellys neck dive enough, I couldn't imagine what this would do. Also, I've played a couple DK-7's that are in the same line, and they really just aren't that good. Tons of little problems.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I dont care for the shape much even though it's cool looking, I've always been a strat style shape kind of guy. Nice guitar though. :yesway:

Anybody here gettin' it? :rolleyes:

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Oooh... My personal favourite Jackson shape, and 7 strings? Nice!

Pardon me if I'll hold off for a USA Jackson though.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Shawn said:
I dont care for the shape much even though it's cool looking, I've always been a strat style shape kind of guy. Nice guitar though. :yesway:

Anybody here gettin' it? :rolleyes:
It's tempting, as I've wanted a Kelly 7 for a long time, but I'm saving for a quality 7 string & selling off some of my other 7's to finance it. I don't want to buy another middle of the road job.

Now if it had been a USA Custom Shop job....:agreed:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
i used to want a USA KE custom shop so bad.. i want this now lol

Dont even try to play rythm on it though. THats a LEAD guitar.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm tempted by this one, as well, though the shipping from the UK would probably be pretty expensive. The main feature of the KE7 that was always appealing is the fact that it was the only one of the first-generation Jackson sevens that had 24 frets. But now with the new Christian Olde Wolbers sig model out there, you don't have to search one of these out anymore to get that. Still, it's tempting...

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
jacksonplayer said:
I'm tempted by this one, as well, though the shipping from the UK would probably be pretty expensive.

Chris, seriously, don't. Go pick up any $350 import off the wall at GC and that will give you an idea what this will feel like. They look a lot better than they play, and they don't even come close to balancing right. My USA neck-thru Kelly has nose dive problems, but they are no where near the severity level of the bolt-ons.

stuz719

Stoic. With a small "s".
Reaction score
Biggest unanswered question, though, is:

"Who is Marty Freeman?"

:lol:

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
noodles said:
Chris, seriously, don't. Go pick up any $350 import off the wall at GC and that will give you an idea what this will feel like. They look a lot better than they play, and they don't even come close to balancing right. My USA neck-thru Kelly has nose dive problems, but they are no where near the severity level of the bolt-ons.

Really? I thought that the bolt-ons were actually better than the neck-thrus in that regard. Either way, I can certainly imagine the KE7 would be neck heavy, since my old DR7 actually tended toward that a bit--the body was incredibly light. Also, the rear 'wing' on Kellys and Explorers always gets in the way of my picking arm, since I wear the guitar high in the 'dork position'. :)

Anyway, the temptation level is pretty low--my little current 7-string collection keeps me pretty happy! As Mike will tell you, though, I have this bad habit of buying guitars on eBay just to try them! But I think I'm over that for the moment--right now, I'm more in need of studio upgrades and 'specialty' guitars, such as a 12-string acoustic/electric. I'm eyeing a Carvin AE185/12, but they almost never come up used and I'm not in a big hurry.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
jacksonplayer said:
I wear the guitar high in the 'dork position'. :)

Whoah! Hold on right there. Wearing the guitar high is absolutely no freakin' way a "Dork position" not in a million years never gonna happen. It's those retards like Good Charlotte and Korn who have their guitars swinging between their knees that are wearing it in the "Dork position!"

I mean, look at John Petrucci, and how he wears it, then look at some lame guitarist from Papa Roach, and you tell me, who's the dork? WHO'S THE DORK!? :scream:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The dork position is where you wear it to "look cool" and end up sounding like ass 'cuz you can't hit anything.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Karl Hungus said:
Whoah! Hold on right there. Wearing the guitar high is absolutely no freakin' way a "Dork position" not in a million years never gonna happen.

I was only attempting to be funny. Since I wear my guitar high and don't think of myself as a dork, you can draw your own conclusions.

That said, Jimmy Page did look pretty cool onstage wearing the guitar low. Of course, most of his live playing was sloppy beyond belief (especially after the first couple of Zeppelin tours).

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
My favourite guitar shape in 7 strings, wow, but I've played a DR-7 that belongs to the same series and I'm pretty sure that I WON'T buy this guitar :fawk:

I think that wearing the guitar high it's no longer a "dork position" since the numetal trend has passed, but Tom Morello looks like he's wearing the guitar hanged over his neck, and that looks so... :lol:

Anyway, look at James Hetfield wearing the guitar under his knees, and being machine-precise!

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
jacksonplayer said:
Also, the rear 'wing' on Kellys and Explorers always gets in the way of my picking arm, since I wear the guitar high in the 'dork position'. :)
To quote Jski7, "The Prog Stance"

')