Jackson Kelly 7

• Thread starter Black Watch
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Black Watch

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I have actually been enjoying this new guitar since Christmas! But I finally decided to snap a picture of it for all of you good folks.

Kelly-sm.jpg

Yes, I snagged it from eBay, and I probably paid too much for it, but I really have wanted a Kelly 7 for a long long time, and now it's just as nice as I had hoped it to be.

The only down side is that the previous owner (who seemed to take very good care of it) replaced the bridge pickup with a Duncan Invader. Good heavy sounding tone, but it means that the neck pickup's output is radically less, so changing over means a whole lot of volume adjustment.

I am debating either going with a Blaze Custom / Air Norton pair or EMG 81-7 / 60A-7 when the bank account re-generates a bit.

Wahoo!

:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

scab

Reaction score
if you're trying to replace that invader let me know if your thinkin' about selling it..

Black Watch

Contributor
Reaction score
I know that Kellys have a reputation of being neck heavy, but (at least to me) this guitar does not seem un-workable. More neck heavy than say my RG7, but not to the point that it is unworkable.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
I think kellys need a better cutaway.. look how stupid that is, like 22nd fret.. If that was fixed, they would be the perfect shape lol

ibzrg1570

Reaction score
the kelly shape is awesome, i really like the reverse headstock too. if you like the sound of the invader, you should just switch the neck pickup and save some money.

svart

Far Beyond Metal
Reaction score
how about mine? :wavey:

congratz on the kelly man, they are great guitars and hellacool as well :hbang: been enjoying mine since 2005... put in an EMG 707, awesome shredmonsters they are! :shred:

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
something about that guitar reminds me of freidman. love the kelly.

NiMH

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I have actually been enjoying this new guitar since Christmas! But I finally decided to snap a picture of it for all of you good folks.

Kelly-sm.jpg

Yes, I snagged it from eBay, and I probably paid too much for it, but I really have wanted a Kelly 7 for a long long time, and now it's just as nice as I had hoped it to be.

The only down side is that the previous owner (who seemed to take very good care of it) replaced the bridge pickup with a Duncan Invader. Good heavy sounding tone, but it means that the neck pickup's output is radically less, so changing over means a whole lot of volume adjustment.

I am debating either going with a Blaze Custom / Air Norton pair or EMG 81-7 / 60A-7 when the bank account re-generates a bit.

Wahoo!

:hbang:

:metal: :hbang: :metal:

Latest posts

')