Jackson Kelly ke1

moisesruelas

Reaction score
Hello, i recently obtained a jackson kelly ke1 with a custom paint job. Pristine condition, literally brand new, i traded it for my ltd kh 602. Does anybody know the price of it. Also the luthier who did the paint job is Dan Lawrence. His signature is at the bottom of paint job. Will post pics once i find my camera.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Pics or it didn't happen, but a Dan Lawrence painted KE1 is easily worth 3 times what that LTD was.

moisesruelas

Reaction score
the pictures in my photobucket were taken by my mac yesterday. I will get pics of the signature really soon and detailed pics as well
Moises_Ruelas

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
Kinda hard to tell. But I have never seen a Marty Friedman Model with a DL paintjob! Could be pretty rare! what is the serial number? Where did you say it was signed again? On the face of the guitar?

moisesruelas

Reaction score
the serial number is a UO 6430 and the signature of dan lawrence is located on the bottom right wing of the guitar. the part that rests on your knee when playing seated down

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
yeah man, 1998 Model USA Jacko! I wonder what this paintjob was called, I have never seen one on a Marty. I will definitely see what I can dig up. Either way, you did good in your trade I would definitely say.

moisesruelas

Reaction score
wow , thanks alot bro, that was very useful information i did not know and spend hours researching and got it in less than hour. Btw i got the guitar off craigslist and immediately contacted him. His asking price was 875 which i was suprised since the ke1s go for way more and plus the condiotin it was in. HE said he had it in stored for years after he got the paint job done and very rarely got it out to play.

snowblind56

Reaction score
yeah man, 1998 Model USA Jacko! I wonder what this paintjob was called, I have never seen one on a Marty. I will definitely see what I can dig up. Either way, you did good in your trade I would definitely say.

I would have to guess that is an aftermarket paint job by Dan Lawrence. Either way, even a beat up, black KE1 is easily worth over $1000. Given the economy/guitar market, I would guess a KE1 with an aftermarket DL paint job would probably fetch $1300-$1800, depending how bad someone loves the paint job.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
wow , thanks alot bro, that was very useful information i did not know and spend hours researching and got it in less than hour. Btw i got the guitar off craigslist and immediately contacted him. His asking price was 875 which i was suprised since the ke1s go for way more and plus the condiotin it was in. HE said he had it in stored for years after he got the paint job done and very rarely got it out to play.

Yeah bro that explains it. Aftermarket paintjob. What you have EASILY is worth 3-4 times what you had in the KH. Congrats dude! Nice score!

Dooky

Reaction score
Geez, I'd say that is the trade of the century!
Cant believe anyone would be stupid enough to trade a KE1 with Dan Lawrence finish for a LTD:nuts:

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
umm so you guys seem very familiar whom dan lawrence guy is. So who is this guy? lol

He's a quite famous airbrush artist. Him and Mike Learn have been doing work on Jackson's for quite a while. He now builds guitars of his own as well.