Jackson Kelly or Warrior 7 string

Dommak89

Reaction score
Hi there,

I was wondering if Jackson ever made production 7 string models of the Kelly shape or the Warrior shape in any other color than black? I know there's the COW signature that's currently in the for sale section or there's the Warrior that Revocation's guitarist plays. But are there similar production models?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

v1nter

Reaction score
In fact they did production models, but only in japan i believe. I imported a 7 String Stars Kelly a few weeks ago (to germany) and did a NGD with it. Maybe you want to take a look =

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sevenstring-guitars/293974-ngd-x2-jackson-kelly.html

Custom Shop is also an easy way to get your desired 7 string but let's face it, the prices and waiting times with Jackson are insane.

Amfisound guitars from finland are also doing Kelly shapes. Bernemann from Sodom has a Amfisound Kelly =

249.jpg

(Yes he wanted that rounded headstock, but amfisound has a sharp pointed headstock too)

VinnyShredz

Reaction score
no production 7 string kellys or warriors. As of now they'd be custom shop orders.

gabsonuro

Reaction score
IMO kellys and warriors are not the best. they are quite heavy and are (obviously) shaped uniquely. fret access to the higher frets (21-24) is quite tight and they are neck heavy guitars. i would personally get a V or a soloist neck thru, unless you are dead set on a kelly or warrior

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Dommak89

Reaction score
Amfisound guitars from finland are also doing Kelly shapes. Bernemann from Sodom has a Amfisound Kelly
Quite nice, but not going to happen anytime soon. If I had that kind of money right now I would have snatched that COW Kelly in the classifieds.

no production 7 string kellys or warriors. As of now they'd be custom shop orders.
Yeah I thought so.

unless you are dead set on a kelly or warrior
I'm not set on anything. I was just wondering for future interest possibly.

Those were an Ikebe custom run. The only production Kelly was the KE-7 bolt-on, which is also pretty rare.
Ah ok, good to know.

7JxN7

Reaction score
IMO kellys and warriors are not the best. they are quite heavy and are (obviously) shaped uniquely. fret access to the higher frets (21-24) is quite tight and they are neck heavy guitars. i would personally get a V or a soloist neck thru, unless you are dead set on a kelly or warrior

You say kellys and warriors are neck heavy guitars, but then say you would personally prefer a V? :scratch: :lol:

Also, of the 2 kellys I have owned, both had very easy high fret access and the warriors I have played were very similar.

The KE 7 with the bolt on neck is the only production Jackson Kelly 7 string I have ever seen come up for sale outside of custom shop orders. They are becoming hard to find, but when they do come up they aren't particularly expensive

VinnyShredz

Reaction score
You say kellys and warriors are neck heavy guitars, but then say you would personally prefer a V? :scratch: :lol:

Also, of the 2 kellys I have owned, both had very easy high fret access and the warriors I have played were very similar.

The KE 7 with the bolt on neck is the only production Jackson Kelly 7 string I have ever seen come up for sale outside of custom shop orders. They are becoming hard to find, but when they do come up they aren't particularly expensive

I concur!

The USA Warrior neck is scalloped kind of, and probably has the easiet access to the 24th fret than any guitar I've played, haha.

I never played the lower end Warriors, but I have a Custom Select, and it's a dream. I also have two Kellys with great upper fret access.

The Rhoads and King V are a little hindered imo though.

VinnyShredz

Reaction score
Hi there,

I was wondering if Jackson ever made production 7 string models of the Kelly shape or the Warrior shape in any other color than black? I know there's the COW signature that's currently in the for sale section or there's the Warrior that Revocation's guitarist plays. But are there similar production models?

Dave's 7 string warriors are both CS jobs

crizzyosbourne

Reaction score
Hi there,

I HAVE A MIJ MIDNIGHT BLUE 7 STRING KELLY AND TWO 7 STRING RHOADS
I FOUND THEM ON LINE AFTER A FEW YEARS OF HUNTING THEM DOWN :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1453845132371.jpg
    FB_IMG_1453845132371.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 77

nedheftyfunk

Reaction score
Those were an Ikebe custom run. The only production Kelly was the KE-7 bolt-on, which is also pretty rare.

Not that it helps the OP particularly, but after the Ikebe runs, which were all J2s (so moto not MoP etc.), Jackson Stars did make RR, SL, KE and KV 7s as regular semi-custom orders, which is how I got a KE7 in J1 spec:

pic1.jpg

I had a quote for an SL7, but Stars got the chop before I could follow through.

')