Jackson NAMM 2014 Thread

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dooky

Reaction score
I'm really excited for the DK7 Pro's.
I just can't decide whether I want the DK7-Q or DK7-M.

SwanWings

Reaction score
those DK2MHT's came out earlier this year. I have a blue one :) The heel is pretty rad, but to be honest I don't play that high very often. I do actually use it more often than my ESP horizon. The ESP has slightly better build quality, but I just love how alive the Jackson feels!

Nlelith

Motion Designer
Reaction score
Purple isn't my usual color choice but on that guitar crap it's awesome looking.
English is not my first language, and I'm a little confused if you actually mean DK2MHT is a bad guitar when you called it crap. If yes, why do think so?

those DK2MHT's came out earlier this year. I have a blue one :) The heel is pretty rad, but to be honest I don't play that high very often. I do actually use it more often than my ESP horizon. The ESP has slightly better build quality, but I just love how alive the Jackson feels!
Do you know what country those Pro models are built in? And how it's build quality compares to Schecter guitars? I'm considering their passive/hipshot Banshee as well.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Do you know what country those Pro models are built in? And how it's build quality compares to Schecter guitars? I'm considering their passive/hipshot Banshee as well.

The Pro series Jackson guitars are made in Mexico. I don't have any first-hand experience with this line so I can't speak to quality comparisons with Schecter's Korean models but from what I've heard, it's relatively close (although maybe not quite as good).

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
English is not my first language, and I'm a little confused if you actually mean DK2MHT is a bad guitar when you called it crap. If yes, why do think so?

It doesn't appear to be his, either. :lol: I think he meant to put a comma in front of and after "crap," and meant it as, "crap, it's awesome," like, "bloody hell, that's nice!"

ovlott

Reaction score
Jackson has seriously peaked my interest the most this year, I am SO
gonna get the DK7M and then throw a JB/59 in with black/cream coils

*Drools*

Tango616

7 String Samuri
Reaction score
2916320598-RRXMG.png

Not gunna lie, I want that pink one so ....ing bad.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
After least year with the release of the B7s and B8s and Custom Select options, I was hoping for more. Guess Not..

Schecter, Ibanez, PRS and ESP took this NAMM

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would love to know where you get your information. I think the proper sentence would have been "I don't prefer those pickups for metal"

I'm pretty sure Joe Duplantier and many, many other metal as **** guys would disagree with you.

With modern amps, you can use a freaking PAF for metal. It's all in what *you* want, personally.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jackson does it every year since I don't know...Can't remember any interesting and "catchy" model for the last 5-7 years.

Duplantier sig is nice, but volume tone :noway: prefer strings-throgh-body

Really? After revamping the line completely over the last four years? They've introduced USA-made 27" scale 7 & 8 strings, 26.5" scale 7 string import Soloists, and now 25.5" scale 7 string Dinkys, and above entry-level 7s and 8s. This is the most change they've had in YEARS.

If they'd make a decent RR7, they'd probably sell some of them, but that's about all I could think of them adding. I'll bet the Custom Select 7 string Soloist option will be along this year, too, and not just in Masterbuilt.

There's not going to be any spectacular new production USA guitar - the B7 and B8 just came out last year, and filled the real model hole the had. They've consolidated to what sells, and the rest is for the custom shop, which still has orders stacked up.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
I'll bet the Custom Select 7 string Soloist option will be along this year, too, and not just in Masterbuilt.

I heard back from a dealer yesterday and he confirmed you can now get a Custom Select SL2H-7. :yesway:

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Well in that case, Jackson is now up there with the rest of them. All I wanted was an Sl2h-7, and we got it. Well done Jackson, well done!

Black Mamba

Reaction score
Well in that case, Jackson is now up there with the rest of them. All I wanted was an Sl2h-7, and we got it. Well done Jackson, well done!

A lot of other really cool options too!

New Custom Select options include:

- SL2H-7
- RR24
- Hardtail Option (not available on a Dinky)
- New pickup configurations (1 Hum, H-S, H-S-S)
- Mahogany body wood and neck wood options
- AT1 headstock and Reverse AT1 headstock (like the Broderick)
- Flame Maple or Birdseye Maple fretboard options
- Reverse Sharkfins
- Black binding
- Locking tuners
- Straplocks
- Direct mount pickups
- Graphite Reinforced necks

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Bro, where did you hear such good tidings of great joy from Jackson?!? This is awesome!

Black Mamba

Reaction score
Bro, where did you hear such good tidings of great joy from Jackson?!? This is awesome!

I have the new 2014 Custom Select options menu and I also contacted a dealer asking about the new options as well.

Latest posts

')