Jackson Pro DKA7 Don't Buy it. Heres Why...

HanShock

Reaction score
two of my best guitars are japanese jacksons that are only a couple years old. my SLSMG from the factory was one of the hottest guitars I've ever played and most of the COWs i had were no slouches either

not every guitar a factory produces is good or bad... it's all ratios. gibson 10% of their guitars are good, suhr 100% are good. esp/ltd 60% are good, japanese jacksons maybe 50%

this is why imo guitars are best played before they are bought. convenience factor of buying whatever you want online is nice but you really need to try a guitar to really know if it is worth buying

Totally agreed! :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kapee

ss.org Master
Reaction score
not every guitar a factory produces is good or bad... it's all ratios. gibson 10% of their guitars are good, suhr 100% are good. esp/ltd 60% are good, japanese jacksons maybe 50%

This is the most idiotic line i have ever seen here. Where does your "ratios" base? Is it just "This is how i think is"? :lol:

Jameslewis777

I am the Overlord.
Reaction score
Mine arrives this week guys. I'm getting more and more anxious with these terrible reviews. I'll say it again. AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT

Reaction score
My local store has 2 on order. One of the employees is letting me know when they come in so I can give it a whirl. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint, because they're really beautiful guitars. I'll let you guys know how they play when I get my hands on em!

lobotom

Reaction score
So, did anybody else got theirs? I'll love to hear that my experience was an isolated one. I would love to give it a second try if they get it together.

Alex

Jameslewis777

I am the Overlord.
Reaction score
Welp, mine's going back. Very purty guitar. Neck is fat, tone is very bright.Those things COULD be overlooked if it wasn't for the damage... *fart noise*
g2yh.jpg

Mklane

Reaction score
Man, I just spent $800 bucks on a guitar from a mail order company and can't believe it needs a setup and has been damaged.:lol:

Jameslewis777

I am the Overlord.
Reaction score
You have no idea how many "bust a nut" jokes i made with the owner and warehouse managers of Gearhounds

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Welp, mine's going back. Very purty guitar. Neck is fat, tone is very bright.Those things COULD be overlooked if it wasn't for the damage...

Wow... and to think I was light-heartedly joking when I posted saying, "Well at least now your expectations will be low" :(

So what are you doing getting a refund or a replacement? I know with a lot of complaints followed up with a personal validation of those complaints I typically bail and go with something else. And I'm not easily swayed, but these recent production Jacksons lately have many documented issues.

Rev.

Jameslewis777

I am the Overlord.
Reaction score
Rev - Hahaha. yea to be honest, I was very irked when I first realized the damage (I thought the string was just broken so I had already changed the other strings), but Gearhounds have been so unbelievably awesome with me. I am NOT getting another one only on the pretense that SURE, it is cool to have a "limited edition" guitar, or a "pretty" guitar but that's not really why I buy or keep instruments haha. I went ahead and asked the owner if he would be willing to give me a discount on another instrument given my poor experience with this one. I have a particular guitar in mind as a replacement that they carry, and I am currently waiting on that. Hopefully y'all will be seeing a positive NGD from me soon haha

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Rev - Hahaha. yea to be honest, I was very irked when I first realized the damage (I thought the string was just broken so I had already changed the other strings), but Gearhounds have been so unbelievably awesome with me. I am NOT getting another one only on the pretense that SURE, it is cool to have a "limited edition" guitar, or a "pretty" guitar but that's not really why I buy or keep instruments haha. I went ahead and asked the owner if he would be willing to give me a discount on another instrument given my poor experience with this one. I have a particular guitar in mind as a replacement that they carry, and I am currently waiting on that. Hopefully y'all will be seeing a positive NGD from me soon haha

I've actually done two repairs on Jackson's shitty plastic nuts in the last 2 weeks and they've been broken exactly like yours. :(

I've played a bunch of the new Jackson stuff and it's really good considering the price points - i'd just recommend getting a replacement nut off the bat made of either graphtech or bone.

Jameslewis777

I am the Overlord.
Reaction score
I've actually done two repairs on Jackson's shitty plastic nuts in the last 2 weeks and they've been broken exactly like yours. :(

I've played a bunch of the new Jackson stuff and it's really good considering the price points - i'd just recommend getting a replacement nut off the bat made of either graphtech or bone.

I completely agree, and I had the same thought, but my return did not come simply from the nut being broken. My thought process was that if one piece broke so simply and so easy, then I am led to believe that more pieces must be of poor quality or of cheap material also. Aint nobody got time for that

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
I completely agree, and I had the same thought, but my return did not come simply from the nut being broken. My thought process was that if one piece broke so simply and so easy, then I am led to believe that more pieces must be of poor quality or of cheap material also. Aint nobody got time for that

:agreed: Heh, my first reply to you I was tempted to post, "In before someone says just replace the nut!!". :D

@Canuck Brian, I totally agree it's a simple enough thing to do that is also not expensive even to have a tech do, but James is right... with this thread and other complaints it gives one pause to think whether to keep it or simply return it if it can't even show up intact.

Rev.

')