Jackson Pro DKA7 Don't Buy it. Heres Why...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
I think the general consensus, from what I've gathered, seems to be that the majority of these coming out of the factory aren't bad instruments, they're just not setup. I know my DKA8 is fantastic after I took the time to set it up properly. The other 20% of them seem to be pretty garbage though, which is really unfortunate :(.

I can't help but feel like like Jackson shot themselves in the foot pretty hard by neglecting to take the time to setup their limited edition models. I'm pretty sure the mindset going into buying a limited edition instrument is that you have something better and more unique than the rest of their lines. That feeling is shattered when they bust your nut, or .... something else up.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jackson shot themselves in the foot

That's just what Jackson does, unfortunately. I used to think FMIC was to blame, but it's been happening far too much, while Fender and other FMIC and KMC brands to fine, to shoot the blame their way.

It's why Jackson seems to always be in the business of playing catch-up.

Obsidian Soul

Reaction score
Has anyone had a perfectly fine DKA7 besides needing a setup?

Jameslewis777

I am the Overlord.
Reaction score
My upset over my Jackson quickly subsided today when I ordered my replacement guitar. Hopefully you guys will be seeing a good NGD in about SEVEN weeks... If that gives any hints ;).

Also, if ANYONE gets a JS-7Q... FREAKING POST IT ON HERE IT LOOKS SO SEXY AND I WANT TO SEE IT AND ...fap...

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
I hope it doesn't take too long for my postcard to come though....

:rofl: Congrats man :yesway: Mine took 3 days less than 8 weeks but one week was lost because they didn't charge me the deposit and I had to call in and find out what was up - so keep an eye and make sure they charge your deposit cause it isn't in the build queue until then! Mine was held up because of a price discrepancy. At least they gave me the lower (older) pricing for my hand picked wood top option.

Rev.

Jameslewis777

I am the Overlord.
Reaction score
:rofl: Congrats man :yesway: Mine took 3 days less than 8 weeks but one week was lost because they didn't charge me the deposit and I had to call in and find out what was up - so keep an eye and make sure they charge your deposit cause it isn't in the build queue until then! Mine was held up because of a price discrepancy. At least they gave me the lower (older) pricing for my hand picked wood top option.

Rev.

strange. I paid my 50% deposit (option 50) Monday afternoon over the phone but I haven't seen anything on my bank statements yet. Think I should call in or wait a couple days?

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
strange. I paid my 50% deposit (option 50) Monday afternoon over the phone but I haven't seen anything on my bank statements yet. Think I should call in or wait a couple days?

Couldn't hurt. When I buy something on my credit card or make a transaction with my bank account it shows up immediately, so if you're not seeing it they most likely haven't charged it yet. Question... why is your deposit 50%? I had an option 50 (single 12th fret inlay) and only had to put a $360 deposit.

Rev.

Jameslewis777

I am the Overlord.
Reaction score
Couldn't hurt. When I buy something on my credit card or make a transaction with my bank account it shows up immediately, so if you're not seeing it they most likely haven't charged it yet. Question... why is your deposit 50%? I had an option 50 (single 12th fret inlay) and only had to put a $360 deposit.

Rev.

No clue. My Option 50 is to not route the volume knob, delete the tone knob, and move the volume knob in its place. Alex from Carvin told me on the phone that it required at least a 50% deposit.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
No clue. My Option 50 is to not route the volume knob, delete the tone knob, and move the volume knob in its place. Alex from Carvin told me on the phone that it required at least a 50% deposit.

I was considering that option since I really hate when the volume knob is too close to the bridge pickup like on my Schecter Riot 8. I decided not to do it on my DC800 and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised the volume position is still close but pushed back toward the bridge just enough to not get in my way at all. Very happy about that! Hmm, maybe we should take this to PM's rather than here if we plan to discuss further.

Rev.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Damn this scares me. I just ordered a B7 Deluxe in natural and hope it turned out alright.

Then again it is a USA made one and these DKA7s are made in Mexico so...idk.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Damn this scares me. I just ordered a B7 Deluxe in natural and hope it turned out alright.

Um yeah, I definitely think you have very little to worry about! :yesway: The USA made models are far superior to anything production they have. Congrats man :metal:

Rev.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score

The B7 I played - a regular production one - was spectacular. Don't confuse the imports and the USAs.

')