Jackson Pro DKA7 Don't Buy it. Heres Why...

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've actually done two repairs on Jackson's shitty plastic nuts in the last 2 weeks and they've been broken exactly like yours. :(

I've played a bunch of the new Jackson stuff and it's really good considering the price points - i'd just recommend getting a replacement nut off the bat made of either graphtech or bone.

Yeah, I dunno WTF is up with that, but I've seen a bunch of them broken in stores, too. Sounds like the factory needs to change suppliers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Encounter

Reaction score
I´ll get my dka7 in 3 weeks. This whole discussion scares me. Hopefully my dka won´t have those problems. I´ll report about it when i recieved mine. Someone there with a working dka 7 after setting it up?

SwanWings

Reaction score
Idk, I just got a DK2mht recently and I love it. I guess i'd have to land in the middle on that whole QC thing :/ when it showed up, it seemed fine, played well, sounded great, etc. However, I play in a different tuning than standard and use a different string gauge, so when i was setting the intonation, two of the screws stripped. It ended up being as easy as going to guitar center and talking to their repair guy. He just handed me two spare screws and i was on my way.
Fast forward a couple weeks; I'm jamming on the couch and I notice that the nut was diagonal. It turns out all that i needed to fix that was a dab of wood glue.

tl;dr: I love my new import jackson, had a couple qc problems, but nothing i couldn't fix myself.

vulgarbeef

beef is all you need
Reaction score
Well I have now had my dka7 2 days and I cannot find one thing wrong with it, it was even set up out the box (it does help that they factory set them to a#). I dont know whether I'm one of the lucky ones or if after the very first batch Jackson upped their game, all I know is its a fantastic guitar to play

DeathPaupiette

Master-baiter.
Reaction score
4Ju5r.png
What could it be ? :3
TOMORROW. (Actually, more like 18 hours now). I'm so ....in' stoked right now ...

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
What strikes me as weird is that on Fender's own lines their Mexican factory generally does a good job, although I agree with the out-of-the-box set-up and slightly weak nuts comments. But they are a high volume manufacturer so not entirely surprising on the set-up front, the nuts could definitely be more solid.

Those white DKA7s actually look quite nice, very classy with the maple fretboard, although I've never been a fan of the 3+3 and 3+4 Jackson headstock.

Kapee

ss.org Master
Reaction score
Okay guys, i have tested one at work and i cant see whats the problem on these. Solid guitars. Buy one if you want one, its good

rainbowbrite

Reaction score
How are the neck heels? I haven't had a bolt on guitar in years and these have piqued my interest quite a bit along with the Dka8. I like my soloist sl2pro a bought recently (flawless) and want a new 7 to replace my Carvin (good guitar, but it is too floppy in lower registers).

manu80

Reaction score
love this axe, but like the washburn gt66 v, finished in satin white too, i'd be really afraid of the satin finish fragility and risK of quick yellowing...

SwanWings

Reaction score
the neck heel on my dk2mht is pretty rad. It's got 3 large screws and a pretty comfortable contour

Kapee

ss.org Master
Reaction score
You dont have to worry about the heel, it's very comfortable. Nothing as ridiculous as the Schecter bolt-on heels.

Garlic Owl

Reaction score
The one I had played at my local store was great. I was worried about the heel because I have small hands. But I was pleasantly surprised, the 24th fret wasn't a pain in the rear to get to at all. I already have the thing on a 90 day payment plan. Can't wait to bring it home!

PAZ

Reaction score
Hey all, I am only a few posts into my SS.org career but I thought I would share my opinions on the new Jackson line. Thanks in advanced for reading!

I ordered the white DKA 7 back in February of 2013 and besides waiting 6 months for it to arrive I am in love with this guitar.
Tonally the DKA's attack is crazy. Staccato and faster riffs cut through better than any of my current 7's or past sevens I have owned (Jackson SLATTXMGQ-7, Soulmaster, Agile interceptor, Ibanez7321.) Part of this I could attribute to the pickups but even acoustically there is something about the resonance that is tight and precise.
The combination of the Alder Body and the D-Activators could be the reason that a prefer to play tight riffs more than chordy melodic songs on this particular guitar - where as my Jackson SLATT with BK Black hawks are definitely the other way around.

In terms of setup and electronics - Out of the box the strings were buzzing and felt/sounded like they had not been changed in months. After a re-stringing/setup those problems were easily fixed. The only remaining/general issue i am having is the kill switch. I have had to rewire the switch at the volume and at the switch its self. Jackson or not i do not have much faith in kill switches and how they are wired out of the box. The Planet Waves® locking tuners that auto cut the strings are actually pretty sweet. Sometimes they are sticky and seem to jump tuning cents extremely rapidly making it trickier to fine tune. Just my observation.

As vague as it may seem these guitars really do not seem to be for everyone. I rant and rave about the DKA 7 and some players agree with me after I let them take a jam on it while others seem to flat out hate them. Personally I think they hold a massive value and would - at the very least - be easy to re sell if it was not your cup of tea.

')